If I've already got a USB in use for my picons (that was formatted) do I still need to initialise/format again? I don't want to wipe off all the data that's already on the stick.
I've just looked at my two drives in mount manager, the HDD is ext 4 and the USB is vFat.
Is it the initialisation process that would automatically format the USB into ext3/4 ?
Am I best to remove the picons from the USB, format it to ext3/4 then put the picons etc back on before completing the swap file.
The other option would be to leave the first USB as is and initialize a new USB and then do swap file would this work ?
If you activate a swap file what would happen if the USB drive is then removed ?
Yes, initialising the USB in the box will wipe it & format it to EXT4, so back up anything you want to keep first.
If you create a swap on USB & the USB is removed, it won't really make any difference to the box. Maybe take a second or 2 trying to find it & mount it, but you can always disable it in swap manager anyway.
I've connected a second USB drive and then initialized it. When I go into mount manager it will not mount and the format type is showing as 'unavailable'. Should I try formatting it on my PC as v/fat ?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.