S
sea beesty
Guest
Hello I am looking for some help please
Bought new ET5000 from the sponsors a few weeks ago. Also decided I wanted wifi and got myself a D-Link dwa 140 dongle.
After reading how to set this up I could see that the vix image I have been using (2.2.100) may not work with this dongle.
Reluctantly flashed a new image yesterday, power of dream.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10602-Power-of-Dream-ET5000-27-08-2011
This worked fine. I didnt attempt wifi as wanted to make sure image was ok first before i changed any settings. When I powered down the box in the evening i got a green screen.
i have tried reflashing with vix 2.2.100. yellow light comes on, up button pressed, yellow and green light up for a few minutes, and then red and green lights up and stays on and on and tv has a green screen. i tried reflashing with power of dream image again and same problem in that red/green lights up and green screen.
i have 2 usb sticks and tried both.
wish i waited for 2.2.3 now !!
how can i get ET500 to re-start ?
help appreciated,
thanks
Bought new ET5000 from the sponsors a few weeks ago. Also decided I wanted wifi and got myself a D-Link dwa 140 dongle.
After reading how to set this up I could see that the vix image I have been using (2.2.100) may not work with this dongle.
Reluctantly flashed a new image yesterday, power of dream.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10602-Power-of-Dream-ET5000-27-08-2011
This worked fine. I didnt attempt wifi as wanted to make sure image was ok first before i changed any settings. When I powered down the box in the evening i got a green screen.
i have tried reflashing with vix 2.2.100. yellow light comes on, up button pressed, yellow and green light up for a few minutes, and then red and green lights up and stays on and on and tv has a green screen. i tried reflashing with power of dream image again and same problem in that red/green lights up and green screen.
i have 2 usb sticks and tried both.
wish i waited for 2.2.3 now !!
how can i get ET500 to re-start ?
help appreciated,
thanks