Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] ET9000 doesn't boot anymore after upgrading to Vix 2.3.153

  • Thread starter Thread starter silent_hill_dan
  • Start date Start date
S

silent_hill_dan

Guest
Hello,

I wanted to upgrade from 2.2.100 to 2.3.153 and have followed the instructions for the update by first loading the latest bootloader then the Vix 2.3.153 directly.

Everything went fine until the ET9000 reboot and then nothing. The display constantly shows "Booting..." but nothing else happens.

Can you please help ?
Thanks !!
 
try powering down the unit, then remove any usb attatched devices, and re start the unit,
if this fails, try reloading the new image
 
If the box starts up OK after the flash and you can configure your tuners etc then instead of rebooting go to menu/Setup/Vix/Software update and update to the 161 version.

I got one of my boxes to reboot OK by installing the 133 version and then doing an online update. I did this after reading about someone else doing much the same but starting from an earlier version. HTH:)
 
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Actually, everything worked fine and I have figured out what was the problem.

My ET9000 is connected to a Sony receiver HDMI input, then to the TV from the receiver's HDMI output.
The strange thing is that there was no image after the boot but the ET9000 was just waiting for me to start the setup wiz.
As I couldn't see anything on the TV I though the ET9000 was dead.
This leads me to another problem now....

When I connect the ET9000 directly to the TV, everything works fine (sound and image).
When I connect the ET9000 to the Receiver, then the TV, I only have sound but no image.

I think this might come from the new HDMI-CEC control in the image but even by turning it Off, it doesn't work. I'm still missing the image but have the sound....

Any idea ??
Thanks !!
 
Restarting the ET9000 and the Sony Receiver solved the HDMI-CEC problem :-)

All working fine now.

Thanks,
Daniel.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top