Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] ET9x00 Upgrade help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr-Chris-Smith
  • Start date Start date
D

Dr-Chris-Smith

Guest
Hi
I used to be into satellites big time a while back but work took over. I have now retired and wanted to get back into it.
I found my Xtrend 9x00 and set it up this week. It still works but the software crashes occasionally and is well out of date.
I want to bring it up to date but I remember when i last used it there were requirements regarding the boot loader being upgraded.
Could someone please advise me on how to bring the software up to date please?
The Image Info is shown below

Image Information
Virtuosso Image Xtreme
Hardware:Xtrend ET9x00 Series
Kernel:3.1.0
Drivers:2012-01-07
Image:Release
Version:2.3
Build:204
Last Update:2012-01-27 20:03

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
 
Hi
I found the flashing guide but I assume I will need to upgrade the bootloader as the current software is so old. Do you know where I can find the info on what bootloader to load for the latest software? Also is the bootloader upgrade the same process as the image upgrade?

Thanks

Chris
 
Hi
Thanks. Just one last question, Is the Linux Kernel updated with the new image or is there a separate process?

Chris
 
….they're all in the one image.
 
Hi
Thanks. Just one last question, Is the Linux Kernel updated with the new image or is there a separate process?

Chris

You get kernel & root in the zip - but be aware that Xtrend were bought out and drivers not updated - although more up-to-date than existing image!
 
Hi

Thank you for your help, its all upgraded and running fine.
Just got to get back up to speed with where the technology has gone since I last used it.

Chris
 
Hi

Thank you for your help, its all upgraded and running fine.
Just got to get back up to speed with where the technology has gone since I last used it.

Chris
----------------------> Arm and now HiSilicon !!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top