Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Every day the box locks up...

Hello gents,

I was on 4.1016 which was working a treat, Ive just installed latest version (.26) i'm having issue's with Kodi/Sportsmania plugin, is the short answer put up with it until it works or roll back to older version?

Thanks

start your own thread
 
Well - 2 full days and no lock-ups. I know this is dicing with fate...

I can only assume that something during the update from .023 to .025 to .026 (not USB flashes) or the Picon ipk I used or the Dreamboxedit edits caused the issue. Everything else is the same. I think.

One quick question - where does the downloadable picon extension store the picons? The previous ipk (enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.transparent_2016-12-31--14-46-20_all.ipk?) stored them on the HDD in a folder called "picon", which is still present as I didn't re-initialise the HDD - as per your recommendations. Not sure where this downloadable extension method stores them, or am I still using the HDD ones unwittingly?
 
Last edited:
When you install picons from the feeds, using the webbrowser, you are being asked where you want to store them (flash/HDD/USB) if multiple compatible devices are available. If you install them via telnet this question will be omitted, and the location will be /picon (i.e. in flash).
If you had them previously installed on the HDD this folder will still be present. The new install may be in flash, but also in the same folder on the HDD. Multiple picon folders on multiple devices may exist and work.

Having said that: having picons on the HDD is a bad idea, as that can seriously slow down the box. You'd best de-install all picons, (manually) delete the picon folders on HDD & USB, and re-install them, preferably to flash.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top