O
Ojustaboo
Guest
Hi, I've probably set up something silly but cant for the life of me find out what.
For the past few nights, I've been watching recorded programs and at around 21:00, the box hangs for a while. It's fine at all other times.
Tonight it did it twice. Very briefly at 21:00, and at about 21:30 it hung for about 30+ seconds with the ViX logo spinning.
I don't have to do anything, can just wait and eventually it springs back into life and the program carries on playing.
if it makes any difference, every morning when I turn my PC on, I telnet into my quad and issue the "shutdown -r now" command so that it correctly mounts my two PC shared video folders. If I don't do this, I cant access my PC folders (mount -a doesn't mount them) and when I press the video button on the remote, the box hangs indefinitely, well the UI does, I can telnet in and issue the shutdown command.
Messages file attached, errors at 21:00 and 21:30 are
Many thanks
View attachment messages.txt
For the past few nights, I've been watching recorded programs and at around 21:00, the box hangs for a while. It's fine at all other times.
Tonight it did it twice. Very briefly at 21:00, and at about 21:30 it hung for about 30+ seconds with the ViX logo spinning.
I don't have to do anything, can just wait and eventually it springs back into life and the program carries on playing.
if it makes any difference, every morning when I turn my PC on, I telnet into my quad and issue the "shutdown -r now" command so that it correctly mounts my two PC shared video folders. If I don't do this, I cant access my PC folders (mount -a doesn't mount them) and when I press the video button on the remote, the box hangs indefinitely, well the UI does, I can telnet in and issue the shutdown command.
Messages file attached, errors at 21:00 and 21:30 are
Code:
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x7 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 60/00:00:10:c4:1c/02:00:06:00:00/40 tag 0 ncq 262144 in
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 61/08:08:38:14:00/00:00:07:00:00/40 tag 1 ncq 4096 out
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: WRITE FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 61/30:10:18:f2:01/00:00:10:00:00/40 tag 2 ncq 24576 out
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1: hard resetting link
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:02:23 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1: EH complete
Dec 12 21:10:00 gbquad daemon.notice automount[30760]: >> mount: mounting /dev/.Trash on /autofs/.Trash failed: No such file or directory
Dec 12 21:10:00 gbquad daemon.err automount[30760]: mount(generic): failed to mount /dev/.Trash (type auto) on /autofs/.Trash
Dec 12 21:10:00 gbquad daemon.err automount[30760]: failed to mount /autofs/.Trash
Dec 12 21:10:00 gbquad daemon.notice automount[30788]: >> mount: mounting /dev/movie on /autofs/movie failed: No such file or directory
Dec 12 21:10:00 gbquad daemon.err automount[30788]: mount(generic): failed to mount /dev/movie (type auto) on /autofs/movie
Dec 12 21:10:00 gbquad daemon.err automount[30788]: failed to mount /autofs/movie
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x1f SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 60/f0:00:10:87:3d/00:00:06:00:00/40 tag 0 ncq 122880 in
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 60/10:08:00:08:3f/01:00:06:00:00/40 tag 1 ncq 139264 in
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 60/00:10:10:09:3f/02:00:06:00:00/40 tag 2 ncq 262144 in
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 60/08:18:60:0a:28/00:00:04:00:00/40 tag 3 ncq 4096 in
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: failed command: READ FPDMA QUEUED
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: cmd 60/08:20:68:0a:28/00:00:04:00:00/40 tag 4 ncq 4096 in
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: res 40/00:00:00:00:00/00:00:00:00:00/00 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.err kernel: ata1.00: status: { DRDY }
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1: hard resetting link
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.warn kernel: ata1.00: device reported invalid CHS sector 0
Dec 12 21:31:16 gbquad user.info kernel: ata1: EH complete
Many thanks
View attachment messages.txt
