Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

External hdd and USB drive setup

chalky

New member
Joined
Jan 8, 2017
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Good morning
I am running Vix 5.0.001 on my Uno4k
My 16gb USB flash drive is installed on the side and my external 720gb hdd is attached to the rear USB port.
Somehow the 16gb flash drive is being recognised as the /media/hdd and the hdd as /media/USB
How do I change these please
Thanks
 
Last edited:
Hi I had a prob like that, in the end i just removed all mounts and setup mounts again.
There is probably an easier way but that worked for me.
 
I've had this problem intermittently since day one.

If I leave a usb stick inserted after re-flashing, it invariably gets picked up as /media/hdd, rather than the internal hdd.


(PS replying to posts and PM'ing is ok using MS Edge, but IE is forcing all text and curser to the rhs of the window.)
 
Last edited:
Good morning
I am running Vix 5.0.001 on my Uno4k
My 16gb USB flash drive is installed on the side and my external 720gb hdd is attached to the rear USB port.
Somehow the 16gb flash drive is being recognised as the /media/hdd and the hdd as /media/USB
How do I change these please
Thanks

Why are you using both? Just use the external HDD for your EPG, Recordings & Timeshift. No need for the 16gb flash drive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yes take your point
I have found out how to do it though
In mount manager press green to setup mounts. Highlight the drive and left and right buttons will change the drives, save and reboot
 
Can I ask why you are using both? If the answer is because of Picons, in your case the Uno4K has ample internal flash to store your Picons.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
When I first set up the uno4k I didn't have an external hdd. So not to use up all the internal flash I just used the pen drive for storage When I did add a hdd I then amended the various settings to use the new storage e.g. timeshift, backups etc.
Now I think all storage is using the hdd so as you pointed out there is no need for the flash drive.
Where is the picons folder on internal flash and where are plugins stored
 
(PS replying to posts and PM'ing is ok using MS Edge, but IE is forcing all text and cursor to the rhs of the window.)
Working ok again now.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top