I've been having this issue for awhile. I use Mute button a lot and at random times when I Mute (or Unmute) a live TV, at the same time the box also receives a number button 1 or 9. I get to see the channel ID at the center of the screen until after the delay the channel is switched. Note: I am 100% sure I do not hit those number buttons with my hand. I currently use the Harmony 350 remote but I have seen this behaviour with the original VU+ remote as well. Sometimes VOL-DOWN does the same, but rarely any other button.
I have set all the delays I could think of to a very high number. In the VIX, remote delays are both set to 500 ms. And for the 350, delays are 300 ms for key repeat, number of repeats 0.
I have debug log enabled, here's what is recorded when it occurs:
As you can see, it actually sees number button first and then Mute. And it happens quite fast as you can see from the timestamps. Also it never receives just the wrong code, every time I get the Mute (or Unmute) + the wrong code.
I also tested this by keeping the Mute button pressed and waving the remote in front of the box and within seconds I got the same reaction. Of course this is not a real-life situation but it tells me that the box is sensitive to receive the wrong code if the signal is even slightly obstructed or corrupted. The box is about 2 m from the couch and in clear line of sight so not that far away for the remote to function properly.
What do you think?
I have set all the delays I could think of to a very high number. In the VIX, remote delays are both set to 500 ms. And for the 350, delays are 300 ms for key repeat, number of repeats 0.
I have debug log enabled, here's what is recorded when it occurs:
Code:
< 92248.702> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 2 1
< 92248.704> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 2 1
< 92248.707> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 92248.709> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
< 92248.722> [Skin] processing screen NumberZap:
< 92248.729> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element channel in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.NumberZap'>
< 92248.733> [Skin] processing screen NumberZap_summary:
< 92248.827> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 2 1
< 92248.829> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 2 1
< 92249.104> [eInputDeviceInit] 1 71 1
< 92249.106> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 113
< 92249.109> [ActionMap] GlobalActions volumeMute
< 92249.111> [Volume] setValue 25
< 92249.440> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 71 1
< 92249.442> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 113
As you can see, it actually sees number button first and then Mute. And it happens quite fast as you can see from the timestamps. Also it never receives just the wrong code, every time I get the Mute (or Unmute) + the wrong code.
I also tested this by keeping the Mute button pressed and waving the remote in front of the box and within seconds I got the same reaction. Of course this is not a real-life situation but it tells me that the box is sensitive to receive the wrong code if the signal is even slightly obstructed or corrupted. The box is about 2 m from the couch and in clear line of sight so not that far away for the remote to function properly.
What do you think?