Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Extracting tar.gz

mickbrush

V.I.P ,
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
56
is it possible to extract tar.gz files on V.I.X 1.2 when I try using tar -xzvf filename.tar.gz I get this message.


tar: invalid gzip magic
 
Im still strugling with this if anyone can help it would be very much apreciated.
 
You should be able to extract it using "gzip -d <file>.tar.gz"

This works on BlacKHole but should also on Vix.

Then use tar to extract the contents "tar -xvf <file>.tar"
 
Thanks for the help but same response invalid magic

That usually means that the file is corrupted, or not a "zipped" file, on a standard linux you can use the command "file Filename" to check, but this command is absent in the Vu+ . Try just "tar tvf FileName" to see if it gives the content , sometime people name the file *.tar.gz when it 's not zipped.

G
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top