Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Factory Reset

leshay

New member
Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Messages
289
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Livingston, Scotland
Hi

What exactly does a Factory Reset do? Does it reset the Root folder structure completely?

If not, how can I get a completely fresh condition just as it was when I received the box from WoS?
 
I'm not sure what effect a "factory reset" would have but if you want to clear any or all data in the box any USB flash will completely overwrite the contents of the flash ROM as will a restore from an image. If you skip any settings restore the contents of the box will be as contained in the image. The only other data which might be different would be the bootloader which might have changed in the interim.
 
If memory serves factory reset just wipes the user area of the image currently on the receiver. In my opinion factory reset is the wrong term for this function but it has been the same since the early enigma 1 days and is the same on all images today still.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
Hi

So does a re-flash also 'reset' or overwrite the HDD Root system to like-new? I thought the re-flash only effected the eprom.
 
Hi

So does a re-flash also 'reset' or overwrite the HDD Root system to like-new? I thought the re-flash only effected the eprom.
No a re flash would not touch the HDD. You would have to initialize or format the HDD from within the image it self to do that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top