Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Fallback tuner epg question

Morini

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2010
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Points
6
So, it seems my better half doesn't particularly like the user experience with the android TV Kodi I am using as a client box in our den. It is a little different to navigate around and she would prefer it if the behaviour mirrored the receiver in the living room. Fair enough, we aim to please.

Yesterday I tried client mode on an old Vu+ Duo long since pensioned off. As soon as I enabled client mode the box crashed and continued to crash on every boot. In hindsight I think it might have been wise to at least factory reset it before trying this, but too late now. So, not knowing what is the latest openvix version I can run on this box (or how to get it) I decided to try openATV 7.3. The receiver flashed with no issues and appears to run fine, but I can't find any client mode with this image. Googled around for a while and have got a working solution by disabling the tuners on the duo and setting up fallback tuner pointing at the main receiver. I installed remote channel streamconverter plugin and this synchronises the bouquets from the main receiver. All works well apart from there is no epg data.

How do I synchronise the epg from the main server box? I understand client mode handles the epg as well as bouquets, but it appears to be unavailable on openATV.
 
I use client mode on my h9 …..with no crashes, so would like to see the crash log…. And maybe we can then go back to OpenVix….otherwise learn some German (I live in Germany) and talk to ATV!
 
I use client mode on my h9 …..with no crashes, so would like to see the crash log…. And maybe we can then go back to OpenVix….otherwise learn some German (I live in Germany) and talk to ATV!

I couldn't get the box to boot up to be able to access any logs. I would be happy to go back to OpenVix if I knew what image to flash and where to find it. Alternative thinking is maybe try to find another receiver which is still supported to use as a client. Don't want to spend too much on it though.
 
Yes, original (ancient) vu+ duo. No longer supported by OpenVix.
 
For the benefit of anyone in the same situation who might stumble on this, I eventually managed to get my clunky old vu+ duo working as a remote client using OpenATV 7.3. The fallback tuner part worked great from the outset, but remotechannel streamconverter didn't work properly (for me) so I tried the Channels Importer plugin instead. That works fine and pulls the epg data from my main receiver with no problems.

It is a workable solution, but I would still prefer to use OpenVix as I don't really like the look and feel of OpenATV. Many thanks to Twol for helping me try and get a more recent openvix onto my crappy old box. You are a very patient man and incredibly generous with your time. I genuinely appreciate the support.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top