Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Feeds down?

  • Thread starter Thread starter minterno
  • Start date Start date
M

minterno

Guest
H guys,i have my ultimo running vix about a year now and its been great.i have never been able to access the feeds though,i had the box just up and running about 2 months when I was transferred abroad in my work and had just about got a handle on the Linux side of thing(still a beginner though),due to the informative posts I read here,and some kind and helpful replys I got from the grafters here I had the box setup just fine before I went away working,the wife was delighted with it and so the receiver has been perfect, but now im home I want to try to get the most out of the box and want to get some plugins working on the box,crossepg is working fine,the receiver was bought as an original from a reputable dealer(not fleabay)for 500+euro and I ran that love test when I first had a problem with feeds being down and got a positive response so im not sure why the feeds are not working for me,might just be my settings need to be changed or my router,im a a loss anyway and am looking for some help with this issue,the main plugin I want to use is the ondemand plugin although there seems to be some cool one out there,
the receiver shows last update as 2012-08-14 version 3,i have flashed the same image a few times and just cant get the plugin due to feeds being down for me,hope someone can help.cheers
 
You are on an old build..

I think you need to flash with up to date image and the feeds will work.

Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUltimo/
 
Thanks for the prompt reply and link, will try the flash once I get herself away from the tv,cheers
 
thanks phoinex,will have a resd off that,will report back to let ye know how I got on,cheers
 
hi guys, have installed the newest image and I still cant connect to the feeds,im getting the message that 'your vuultimo is not connected to the internet' I have ran a network test and all seems ok but there must be something wrong in my settings,reciever is connected to the pc and I can telenet and ftp and theres no problem streaming to laptops and phones so Im guessing I have the connection set up wrong since I started,if you guy have any ideas you might let me know,i had a read off that possibile virus subject(http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ighlight=virus ) but I seem to be clear there,none of my files were renamed.
I have checked the new image and it went in ok,its the latest(3.0.720)on another note I seem to have lost the blue skin that I had with the old image,the wife isn't good with change so im hoping I can put that skin back on too,any suggestions as to my connection problems guys,i basecially just ran the network wizard after installing the image and maybe I have some setting wrong,regards
 
check your DNS settings.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Name server settings.

I usually use googles DNS servers here.
8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
 
thanks for the reply judge,i put those in and it was all ok,i put 8.8.8.8 in name server 1 and it tested ok,i then put 8.8.4.4 in name server 1 and got a similar result,in my settings I don't have anything put in name server 2,maybe I need to put an address there?,im only picking at straws myself,
my network settings are as follows
use interface yes
use DHCP yes
primary DNS 192.168.1.xxx
secondry DNS 0.0.0.0
any ideas guys,regards
 
Your primary DNS is using your routers DNS which is more than likely using your ISPs DNS, so if someting goes wrong along the line, you coud have these issues.
No harm in using googles, if you found 8.8.8.8 to work for you, use that.
 
thanks again judge,that done the trick,got access to the plugins and downloaded the ondemand one,when I tried to stream from it there was no programs so I checked and the DNS had reverted back to the old one so I put in the 8.8.8.8 again and the ondemand was working great,downloaded a few more plugins and every time I want to use the plugins I find the DNS has reverted back to the original one,must be something simple,i will leave it for tonight,im delighted to have got it working for a while,thanks Delagroov,pheonix and judge,will have a play with it tomorrow and search the forum for similar problems and if I cant get it sorted I will ask for yere help once again,tx very much,happy viewing
 
Set your DNS settings as so.

Menu> Setup> System > Network setup> Name server settings


Name Server 1 = Primary DNS = 8.8.8.8
Name Server 2 = Secondary = DNS 8.8.4.4
 
There is a recent issue where custom DNS were forgotten on a full reboot but not on an E2 restart.
Did you reboot the box before the issue came back?

You could also add the Google DNS servers to your router so that they get picked up by the box on a reboot.
 
hi,tx for the reply,i cant seem to edit the name server 2,will have a play with it after,was too busy today to do anything with the reciever,
Set your DNS settings as so.

Menu> Setup> System > Network setup> Name server settings


Name Server 1 = Primary DNS = 8.8.8.8
Name Server 2 = Secondary = DNS 8.8.4.4
 
hi judge,if I just restart e2 the settings don't change back and I can view the ondemand fine but lose the settings as u said after a reboot,I will try to do as u suggest and add the google dns servers to my router tomorrow and will report back,thanks for the replys and help guys,regards
There is a recent issue where custom DNS were forgotten on a full reboot but not on an E2 restart.
Did you reboot the box before the issue came back?

You could also add the Google DNS servers to your router so that they get picked up by the box on a reboot.
 
hi judge,if I just restart e2 the settings don't change back and I can view the ondemand fine but lose the settings as u said after a reboot

A solution to this issue is being looked into & should be included in a future build.
 
A solution to this issue is being looked into & should be included in a future build.

I normally just use my router to provide DNS but seeing this thread, I tried on one of my Ultimos using Google dns settings instead. to see if I could replicate the problem. For me, under a full restart or Enigma restart, the custom DNS settings are correctly saved (and work!).

Just throwing it in there. oh - currently on build 721.

Edit - I am using fixed IP. Will test with DHCP and report back.

OP - try using a fixed IP and see if that works for you.
 
Last edited:
hi guys just an update on this issue,before I had a chance to go in to the modem and change the address to googles address the modem went down,speeds started getting very slow.i was on to the tech guys from my provider and the modem was goosed,i bought a modem off a guy last night and I now have no issues with the feeds,i can connect to the feeds no problem,the dns is the same on the new modem but its working fine,just in case someone else has similar problems in the future the modem which gave all the problems was a 'Netopia modem,theres no model name on it but its an old eircom one,the one which replaced it and works fine is a 'zyxel t1 p-660hn-t1A' thanks again guys for the help,regards
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top