Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] [FIXED] Technomate users are advised to revert to Apollo build 158

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicilian

The Boss
Staff member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
29,869
Reaction score
328
Points
83
Website
www.world-of-satellite.com
All Technomate users, please be advised we've found a de-scrambling issue on all builds AFTER Apollo 158. Changing multiple channels fast is causing a de-scrambling issue.

BCM7335 model, seems after approx 3-4 fast channel changes de-scrambling fails.

Other models seems after approx 5-8 fast channel changes de-scrambling fails.

All we can advise at this stage is revert back to build 158 or do not change channels fast constantly. It appears normal channel zapping is not affected, only when fast scrolling through encrypted channels.
 
Just done more testing, its appears to be a driver issue introduced after build 158. I'll post links to old driver later today.
 
I've attached drivers that where in Apollo 158, using these drivers in latest images should avoid the de-scrambling issue fast zapping through channels.

Fixed drivers should be released by Technomate in approx 5-7 days.

Extra the zip files.

Ftp the bcmlinuxdvb.ko to /lib/modules/3.9.7/extra

Reboot once FTP complete.

7335 Drivers are for TM-Single, TM-2T, TM-Nano-2T, TM-Nano-OE, TM-Twin-OE.
 

Attachments

Sicilian firstly thank you and the rest of the VIX team for finding the issues. You guys are the best.
I just have a few questions to clarify.
When you say de-scrambling issue is that in regards to the problem where channels freeze/crash and there is a vix loading sign resulting in turning the box off and on from the back? Will build 158 fix this and also the timeshift issues until TM fix the issues?
Thank you again.
 
Installed 7335 files on my tm twin,
worked ok at first. Come back to box a few hours
later tried it again and the descramble issue is back
Build 166
 
I can report the same issue on latest openATV 5.0 build. May be completely unrelated but probably not......
 
I've been sitting on the fence as regards plunging into buying a Nano SE on as my first Linux box. It's great to see that there are people working behind the scenes on stuff like this but it's also things like this that is keeping me on that fence :confused: I'm unsure on whether to take the leap or not.
 
I've been sitting on the fence as regards plunging into buying a Nano SE on as my first Linux box. It's great to see that there are people working behind the scenes on stuff like this but it's also things like this that is keeping me on that fence :confused: I'm unsure on whether to take the leap or not.

Go for the Vu+ Zero


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hate to slag off a manufacture as they all deserve credit for building receivers in such a competitive market but time and time again Technomate seem to always be last to the party and have major issues with their drivers,kernels and builds etc. we need Technomate to get their act together and start providing quality receivers. Come on Technomate get your act together and reestablish confidence in your product its well over due.
 
Well my TM-3T is with WOS they will be "replacing the main board as a precaution"

I'm starting to feel guilty that I spend £190 on the 3T after reading a few comments on this thread I shall now buy either the Mut@nt HD2400 HD or the Xtrend ET8000 looks like i'll have to dish out my money again.:confused: :(
 
The Mut@nt HD2400 is a superb receiver and pee's all over any TM box out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Stuck between Xtrend ET10000 or the Mut@nt HD2400 :confused:

I will put my TM-3T in my bedroom as I don't watch much tv in there lol :D
 
Im not optimistic that Technomate will fix the issues people are experiencing, but I hope im wrong.
 
Im not optimistic that Technomate will fix the issues people are experiencing, but I hope im wrong.

Its not the end of the world. Its only a driver issue. Older builds work fine. (its a long way off the amiko HD issues:D)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top