Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

FLAC Support

Tkr001

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
791
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Auckland, New Zealand
I am using VIX 1.2 and it doesn't seem to support FLAC files in the media player, plays the file but no sound comes out. I am sure PLI image supported it. Will there be support in 1.3?
 
the only way i've found to work and it's not just the VIX iamges mate.
run an MP3 file first (only a short while a few secs will do) flac will play after that.

regards: canthackit
 
thanks for that canthackit if that works its a nice temporary solution
 
it does mate, been doing it for ages, although on some images and only sometimes it works straight off.

regards: canthackit
 
it does mate, been doing it for ages, although on some images and only sometimes it works straight off.

regards: canthackit

tell me what image and i'll see what there have done :), remember that this image is from base Vu+ 5.4
 
Andy

after i posted i tested flac on your 1.3 it worked straight off mate.......................well done even if you didn't know :D

regards: canthackit
 
Andy

after i posted i tested flac on your 1.3 it worked straight off mate.......................well done even if you didn't know :D

regards: canthackit

I just tried again. FLAC files appear to play but no sound is produced. Playing an MP3 and then FLAC does indeed work.
 
i see your on 1.2 you might be better advised to update to 1.3....maybe better results all round mate.
it is really an excellent image, and if as i've found it does play flac straight out of the box all the better.

regards: canthackit
 
What makes you think I am on 1.2? I reflashed to 1.3 the day it came out and the comments in my previous post apply to 1.3.
 
I am using VIX 1.2 and it doesn't seem to support FLAC files in the media player, plays the file but no sound comes out. I am sure PLI image supported it. Will there be support in 1.3?

What makes you think I am on 1.2? I reflashed to 1.3 the day it came out and the comments in my previous post apply to 1.3.

I think the quote in your first post is what made him think you were on 1.2... Don't use FLAC myself, so can't comment...
 
I am using VIX 1.2 and it doesn't seem to support FLAC files in the media player, plays the file but no sound comes out. I am sure PLI image supported it. Will there be support in 1.3?

could be something to do with this post of yours "i'm using VIX 1.2"
 
Fair enough but in my defense 1.3 didn't exist when I first posted. Anyway running 1.3 now and FLAC doesn't work unless you play a snippet of mp3 first. I find that really strange.
 
sorry don't know the reasons why, but as i mentioned earlier i've had almost if not all released images on my Duo+ and as near a damn it all of them dont play flac files straight away.

upon testing 1.3 it did play them, wether it will happen every time is a matter of suck it and see, and if they dont play every time i don't know why, i'm hoping andy or one of the team can tell us.

there are or have been the occasional image that the files played straight away, but off the top of my head i cant think what they were, anyways VIX 1.3 is doing very nicely for me so i'm gonna stick with it..........well at least for a day:D

regards: canthackit
 
Last edited:
Question, maybe for Andy or maybe someone else can answer.

The Vu+Duo supports Flac file formats. It plays 16bit 44.1KHz files perfectly (I'm using VIX 2.1). However it has trouble playing 24bit 88.KHz files. I was wondering if this is a hardware limitation or something that can be added by VuPlus to the drivers to make it work?

My iPhone supports 24bit 88.KHz files and so it would be nice to be able to store them on the Vu and just copy them over to the iPhone when I want to listen to them. BTW, I use the iPhone in a pretty serious dock which is why I'd like to use these files.
 
Question, maybe for Andy or maybe someone else can answer.

The Vu+Duo supports Flac file formats. It plays 16bit 44.1KHz files perfectly (I'm using VIX 2.1). However it has trouble playing 24bit 88.KHz files. I was wondering if this is a hardware limitation or something that can be added by VuPlus to the drivers to make it work?

My iPhone supports 24bit 88.KHz files and so it would be nice to be able to store them on the Vu and just copy them over to the iPhone when I want to listen to them. BTW, I use the iPhone in a pretty serious dock which is why I'd like to use these files.

the flac support was added by vu plus and it may be possible that they will add it in future at the moment we dont know
 
the flac support was added by vu plus and it may be possible that they will add it in future at the moment we dont know

Yes, I knew about that. I emailed Alex at VuPlus a few days ago and asked the same question. No reply yet.
 
Yes, I knew about that. I emailed Alex at VuPlus a few days ago and asked the same question. No reply yet.

:roflmao:

i asked alex about the uno remote problem 3 months ago still no reply
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top