Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Flashing Vu+ Solo2 OpenVix & Recordings

sobeitjedi

New member
Joined
Dec 15, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi.

I have a Vu+ Solo2 and am running OpenVix 5.1.022

I have had a few issues lately with CrossEPG not updating properly and I've had to manually run it / reboot, etc.

I'm thinking that I should flash OpenVix to the latest firmware (I understand there is some new/alternative method for keeping the EPG up-to-date) but I have not done this before. My main question is - will I lose my existing recordings/timers?
 
can you FTP your timers to PC by FTP ?
Think if you make a backup your timers are also restored
 
Flashing Vu+ Solo2 OpenVix & Recordings

Won’t be able to restore, but can save his essential bits to his PC then FTP them back over after installing the latest ViX image.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Flashing VU+ Solo 2

Hi Abu

I have flashed my VU+ Solo2 several times from 5.2... release to 5.3... releases. I never used FTP. What I did was creating a backup of the settings and plugins beforehand and after the USB flashing a restore of the old 5.2 settings. So far it always worked. Don't you thing saving the settings does also save your timer?

nekrub2
 
Flashing Vu+ Solo2 OpenVix & Recordings

It would work if he was on 5.2 upgrading to 5.3, but the OP is on 5.1 so not possible UNLESS he upgrades in 2 stages;

5.1 >> 5.2, then 5.2 >> 5.3


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top