Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Folder Support

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 86165
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 86165

Guest
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me with my query, I do not know if this is just the way the system is or whether I have missed doing something.

Firstly I have a USB as my HDD (temp fix until my HDD arrives), this is Mounted and has been Initilised by my Xtrend ET8000 box. To make life easier I have renamed the Default Recordings Folder from 'movies' to 'Recordings' and within this I have added sub-folders via FTP so that I can keep my movie recordings seperate from my TV recordings.

I have noticed that on all the folders & sub-folders there is a folder that allows you to go back up a folder level which makes it easy to navigate different sub-folders and access various recordings, however on the 'TV Folder' this is missing.....is this supposed to be like this?

I have aligned the new Folders to various test recordings and the Folder structure and Hierarchy is working with great success.

Screenshot 1.webp

Screenshot 2.webp

Screenshot 3.webp

Screenshot 4.webp

Many thanks for your help.

Jason
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 1.webp
    Screenshot 1.webp
    6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2.webp
    Screenshot 2.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 3.webp
    Screenshot 3.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 4.webp
    Screenshot 4.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 16
Don't understand your issue?
Also, might be better off not renaming default locations, create your new folders within them.
 
It's probably a folder permissions problem. Compare the ones you've created with the standard ones.

You don't need to use ftp to setup folders. Go to movie list and press menu - it gives the option to create directories.
 
Don't understand your issue?

If you review Screenshots 2 & 3 you will see I have ringed the folder I am referring to that allows you to revert to the higher folder tier within the folder hierarchy whereas in Screenshot 4 this is not present.

It's probably a folder permissions problem. Compare the ones you've created with the standard ones.

You don't need to use ftp to setup folders. Go to movie list and press menu - it gives the option to create directories.

I found using FTP was a bit easier to add sub-folders as I was in FireFTP at the time and have now seen the Menu options when in the directory itself - thanks

SOLUTION:

I found out that by keeping the folder name tv with all CAPS it removed the option within this folder to be able to select a higher tier folder in the hierarchy, by renaming the folder as Tv it then allowed the option I am looking for of been able to revert back to a higher folder level.

Thanks all
 
I found using FTP was a bit easier to add sub-folders as I was in FireFTP at the time and have now seen the Menu options when in the directory itself - thanks
FTP? That's for file transfer, I don't find much point using it for things that you can do by logging in with ssh or telnet..
 
Ok so after playing with the folder hierarchy a bit more it seems to be linked to when you add Bookmarks to the file locations for where you want all Recordings going to.

Essentially I was adding it in as Tv and thus it was not allowing you to go to the next level above that folder. By keeping this as Planner all folders under this are fine and you can move up and down the folder hierarchy.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top