Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Forgotten Vu+ Duo 2 Password

  • Thread starter Thread starter zah1d
  • Start date Start date
Z

zah1d

Guest
Hi all,

A while back I changed my box password as I was streaming externally and felt like others were accessing the box.

I seem to be able to FTP on my box through iDreamX as my password must be saved. How can I reset the password?

I've attached a screenshot of what I get when opening a telnet session.

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 18.37.31.webp

Any help is much appreciated.
 
I was entering 'passwrd' as I saw on other posts instead of 'passwd'. This resolved it and means I didn't have a password set on the box afterall.

This thread can be closed.

Thanks
 
Hi all,

A while back I changed my box password as I was streaming externally and felt like others were accessing the box.

Even with a password set if you open ports on your router to stream channels outside of your local network people can get into your receiver, a password in this case is of no use at all.
 
u can change it without the need for the old one

Hi johnnyyen

I would really like to do this as I've forgotton my password and I don't want to re-flash my vu receiver just to get back the default password.
could you tell me how to do what you say is possible please.
Cheers
expatnick
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top