Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Format USB in Ext 3 (linux)

  • Thread starter Thread starter raedkuwait
  • Start date Start date
short press blue

scroll to VIX then go to

device manager

wait for USB to detect then

highlight it then

press blue to format
 
Ok i did that before, but after i format it, its not detected any more it just disappears from the device list?
The USB is a 256mb, and i noticed when it formats it, it does it really fast, and when i remove the usb and
plug it back it detects it again but the file system is still fat16?!
 
Same problem with a 1 Gb Transend USB stick using VIX 1.3 (fully updated) on Duo. Formatting via the device manager is very fast but doesn't seem to do anything. The stick remains formatted in FAT16. The stick disappears from the device list but reappears after a reboot. Swap file and picons seem to work.
 
if you have a windows usb stick will HAVE TO repartition the stick, just formatting will not do.
 
OK another weird problem: having my 1Gb USB stick formatted/partioned correctly I run into problems adding picons, about 2500 files in total. A total file/folder limit of 1024 seems to be present, I cannot add any files beyond that point. The error I get when trying to add more files is : cannot create file. I tried reformatting servereal times but no luck. Reformatting and adding the files with my computer (Mac) doesn't work. Perhaps I should reformat to FAT32 to solve this one?
 
you'll never know unless you try it.
 
The total picon foldersize is 12 Mb, having this on a 1 Gb stick + a 32 Mb swap file should be possible, not?
 
Fixed. Reformatting + repartitioning the USB stick on my computer (MacOSX with MacFuse and FuseExt2 installed + some tweaking) did the trick.

There must be something wrong in VIX 1.3 because I could not fix this via my Vu+ Duo.


For those interested in the tweaking:

A fresh install of MacFuse and FuseExt2 only allows for volumes to be mounted as read only.

The option "rw+" needs to be added to string OPTIONS="auto_xattr,defer_permissions" in /System/Library/Filesystems/fuse-ext2.fs/fuse-ext2.util in start of function Mount ()

It should read OPTIONS="auto_xattr,defer_permissions,rw+"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed. Reformatting + repartitioning the USB stick on my computer (MacOSX with MacFuse and FuseExt2 installed + some tweaking) did the trick.

There must be something wrong in VIX 1.3 because I could not fix this via my Vu+ Duo.


For those interested in the tweaking:

A fresh install of MacFuse and FuseExt2 only allows for volumes to be mounted as read only.

The option "rw+" needs to be added to string OPTIONS="auto_xattr,defer_permissions" in /System/Library/Filesystems/fuse-ext2.fs/fuse-ext2.util in start of function Mount ()

It should read OPTIONS="auto_xattr,defer_permissions,rw+"

Forgot to mention I reformatted in Ext2/Ext3 format.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top