VU+ Uno 4K SE
Just purchased this. (I'm new to the unit having previously had an old Technomate STB that only supported SD transmissions.) So it's straight out of the box.
Background Software Version Info:
Version: 2021-04-26-Vuplus-experimental
Image: Experimental 2021-05-11
Frontprocessor Version: 0
Detect NIMs
Tuner A-H: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308 x FBC)
Two question areas.
First area: (HDD and USB memory Stick)
1: Just formatted a 256Gb memory stick with a ext2 partition. The device is visible in Device manager but not in Media player. Any ideas why. (The inbuilt HDD is visible as is the internal flash).
2: Also anybody know of a utility that would allow me mount the USB stick on a Windows 10 OS to transfer media files to it so they can be played on the Uno?
3: And while I'm pushing my luck is there any way to see how much space is either used or remaining on the HDD?
Second area. (LNB Configuration)
Bought a GT-SAT Unicable LNB GT-S2dCSS24 with it. (There is a very good thread on the forum that walks you through the LNB configuration which I followed. But......). When I was setting it up I only found the following options available for GT-SAT LNBs in the Uno menu:
GT S3dCSS24
dLNB Hello
GT-S1-2-3-SCR4
The first 2 of these would not work for me as they were using the "German" frequencies (975, 1025, 1075 etc MHz) and after much fiddling about (ie using the legacy output to initially tune in the satellite transponders) I eventually returned to the SCR output and discovered my LNB was using the "Italian" ones. (There was a piece of paper in the LNB box with both frequency lists on it). However the GT-S1-2-3-SCR4 did have the Italian ones (1210, 1420, 1680 and 2040MHz). But it stops after 4 tuners and I can't set up the remaining 4 (E, F, G & H) in the STB.
I tried selecting the dLNB Hello option and typing in the correct frequencies but found that I couldn't. Any ideas on how I might be able to set up all 8 tuners. I figure there is a config file somewhere that if I could copy an existing one and edit it I might be able to get them all. That then of course will bring me onto another question of how do I do that
.
Or is there and "advanced" option during configuration that might allow me type in the required frequencies using the remote control.
Sorry for the long list of woes but I'm a total noob to this platform.
Just purchased this. (I'm new to the unit having previously had an old Technomate STB that only supported SD transmissions.) So it's straight out of the box.
Background Software Version Info:
Version: 2021-04-26-Vuplus-experimental
Image: Experimental 2021-05-11
Frontprocessor Version: 0
Detect NIMs
Tuner A-H: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(45308 x FBC)
Two question areas.
First area: (HDD and USB memory Stick)
1: Just formatted a 256Gb memory stick with a ext2 partition. The device is visible in Device manager but not in Media player. Any ideas why. (The inbuilt HDD is visible as is the internal flash).
2: Also anybody know of a utility that would allow me mount the USB stick on a Windows 10 OS to transfer media files to it so they can be played on the Uno?
3: And while I'm pushing my luck is there any way to see how much space is either used or remaining on the HDD?
Second area. (LNB Configuration)
Bought a GT-SAT Unicable LNB GT-S2dCSS24 with it. (There is a very good thread on the forum that walks you through the LNB configuration which I followed. But......). When I was setting it up I only found the following options available for GT-SAT LNBs in the Uno menu:
GT S3dCSS24
dLNB Hello
GT-S1-2-3-SCR4
The first 2 of these would not work for me as they were using the "German" frequencies (975, 1025, 1075 etc MHz) and after much fiddling about (ie using the legacy output to initially tune in the satellite transponders) I eventually returned to the SCR output and discovered my LNB was using the "Italian" ones. (There was a piece of paper in the LNB box with both frequency lists on it). However the GT-S1-2-3-SCR4 did have the Italian ones (1210, 1420, 1680 and 2040MHz). But it stops after 4 tuners and I can't set up the remaining 4 (E, F, G & H) in the STB.
I tried selecting the dLNB Hello option and typing in the correct frequencies but found that I couldn't. Any ideas on how I might be able to set up all 8 tuners. I figure there is a config file somewhere that if I could copy an existing one and edit it I might be able to get them all. That then of course will bring me onto another question of how do I do that
Or is there and "advanced" option during configuration that might allow me type in the required frequencies using the remote control.
Sorry for the long list of woes but I'm a total noob to this platform.