Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Frequent crashes on my VuDuo running VIX 2.1.4 image

It crashed with rytec Bulgaria XMTLV and with OpenTV Sky UK on 28.2.

One strange thing though, the EPG.dat file timestamp on /media/hdd keeps updating, as per my manual dowloads. Why is that?! My EPG location is on USB stick, why the epg.dat on /media/hdd keeps updating? :O

I've checked like 10 providers till now, everything looks ok, xcept those two crashes on sky uk openTV and bulgaria.
It does seem though that the box hangs for a long time (the VIX spinning logo) when 'loading data'....

I checked again the OpenTV SkyUK 28.2 - when I press orange for manual dowload, the box tunes to the radio channel, reads 900+ channels, and it crashes when 'reading titles'...

All Rytec XMLTV providers cause crashing when 'parsing events'. Same for OpenTV provider SkyUK. But SkyIT openTV provider was OK.
 
Last edited:
Looks like that could be the problem. If usb is mounted and setup correctly then epg.dat should be in media usb. Just double check the settings again

Nope, I am rechecking the settings every time that the box restarts after crash. Everything is as it should be. :O
Double checked OpenTV providers again: Sky UK crashes the box, while SkyIT does not.
All Rytec sources crash the box, while Krakoni providers do not. Right now I fully downloaded all the providers (RAI scripts, SkyIT OpenTV and almost all Krakoni providers), the box did not crash this time.

It is strange because I remember having Rytec sources without any issues...

Update: I deleted all the files in /media/usb/crossepg in order to have a 'fresh' EPG database.
I also deleted the epg.dat file in /media/hdd, and restarted the box. Strangely enough all the providers showed the full EPG listings when zapping. I checked again the crossEPG settings and Vix settings to be sure htat epg data location was still USB stick.

Where does the box get the epg data if I deleted all the data from the usb stick? :O

NOTE: The box did have the green-screen of death type of crash, but instead an Enigma restart...
 
Last edited:
Nope, I am rechecking the settings every time that the box restarts after crash. Everything is as it should be. :O
Double checked OpenTV providers again: Sky UK crashes the box, while SkyIT does not.
All Rytec sources crash the box, while Krakoni providers do not. Right now I fully downloaded all the providers (RAI scripts, SkyIT OpenTV and almost all Krakoni providers), the box did not crash this time.

It is strange because I remember having Rytec sources without any issues...

Update: I deleted all the files in /media/usb/crossepg in order to have a 'fresh' EPG database.
I also deleted the epg.dat file in /media/hdd, and restarted the box. Strangely enough all the providers showed the full EPG listings when zapping. I checked again the crossEPG settings and Vix settings to be sure htat epg data location was still USB stick.

Where does the box get the epg data if I deleted all the data from the usb stick? :O

NOTE: The box did not have the green-screen of death type of crash, but instead an Enigma restart...

NOTE: The box did not have the green-screen of death type of crash, but instead an Enigma restart...
 
Anyone can give an insight on this issue?

It is obvious that CrossEPG is causing the box to crash - even with 2.1.4 VIX image that has the latest drivers/enigma updates...
 
Yes, it crashes with opentv SKY and all Rytec providers.

BUT, there is no EPG.dat file in the crossEPG folder in USB stick. Neither in HDD folder.
Settings checked: Vix and CrossEPG epg location: USB stick.
weird, no?
 
Try creating a swap file on your usb stick. Blue button > VIX > Swap manager. Activate the swap and set it to auto start. Then try downloading from Crossepg.
 
Try creating a swap file on your usb stick. Blue button > VIX > Swap manager. Activate the swap and set it to auto start. Then try downloading from Crossepg.

Swap file can be created in the same USB stick, or it should be a different one?
 
The swap file did the trick! :D
I just tested CrossEPG download with SkyUK + SkyIT OpenTV providers, 3 Rytec providers and 8 Krakoni ones. It took a while (tens of MB of data I guess...) but it did not crash this time.

Thanks Boss!!! :D

p.s. I've uploaded the crashlog from last night (just noticed it. Not sure if it has to do with the CrossEPG issue discussed in this thread...)
 

Attachments

Last edited:
see. if you stick with it you will get there in the end.
 
The swap file did the trick! :D
I just tested CrossEPG download with SkyUK + SkyIT OpenTV providers, 3 Rytec providers and 8 Krakoni ones. It took a while (tens of MB of data I guess...) but it did not crash this time.

Thanks Boss!!! :D

p.s. I've uploaded the crashlog from last night (just noticed it. Not sure if it has to do with the CrossEPG issue discussed in this thread...)
You have a problem with your fan control plugin
 
You have a problem with your fan control plugin

yeah, during one of the last crashes/reboots the display showed the 'fancontrol 2' msg and it hanged. I uninstalled the plugin immediately after that.
Thnx for the reply m8! :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top