Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] FTP broken in ViX 3.0 ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter wurz
  • Start date Start date
W

wurz

Guest
I just updated to the latest version today from version 2.4. Everything seems fine except for one major difficulty. I cannot FTP to the box no matter which programme I use. I have tried DCC and Filezilla with no luck. On DCC I'm getting "Dreambox login failed" which would suggest a password issue and Filezilla reports
"Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message... Error: Connection timed out Error: Could not connect to server."

I am able to use Putty to telnet to the box and have attempted to reset password which was seemingly successful so I think I can safely rule out a password issue, the box is simply not allowing communication with my computer.

I have restarted box, router and computer, I have assigned a static IP to the box.

I'm sure there's a simple solution but so far I can't find it. Any ideas?
 
Did you restore any settings via a backup made from the 2.4 image to the 3.0 image ?
 
Did you restore any settings via a backup made from the 2.4 image to the 3.0 image ?

In short yes, (are the settings not transferable?)

...and it didn't work (FTP), so then I ran a network setup wizard from scratch, still no difference.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
if you restored a backup made from the backup manager from the ViX 2.4 image it would have broken the FTP protocol but it would have presented a different error message when trying to login again.

All i can really suggest it to reflash the receiver but this time dont restore any settings ( you can restore config files manually via FTP or bouquets etc but not backups made with the backup manager of ViX 2.4 ).
 
if you restored a backup made from the backup manager from the ViX 2.4 image it would have broken the FTP protocol but it would have presented a different error message when trying to login again.

All i can really suggest it to reflash the receiver but this time dont restore any settings ( you can restore config files manually via FTP or bouquets etc but not backups made with the backup manager of ViX 2.4 ).

OK, thanks for the info, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
 
i have the same problem 500 oops:cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
 
i have the same problem 500 oops:cannot locate user entry:vsftpd

That error is usually a result of the user restoring a settings backup from a earlier ViX image to a ViX 3.0 image. if this is the case nothing can be done to repair the damage done to the FTP protocol, a reflash would be needed.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top