Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

FTP connection issue ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hurrst
  • Start date Start date
H

Hurrst

Guest
Hi all i have always used filezilla to connect to my Vu+Duo and its always been fine.

But today i received this message:

Status: Connecting to 192.168.0.20:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 Welcome to the OpenViX FTP service.
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Now i haven't changed the password login details (never had a pass at all) so not sure why this would have happened can anyone help and advise me how to fix please.

I wanted to update my channel listings but sadly now cant do a lot with it at all !!

I am using ViX 2.4

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hurrst
 
Ok will try to sort haven't flashed a new image before so dont want to mess it up anything i need to be careful of ?

Thanks for the reply

Hurrst
 
Ok will try to sort haven't flashed a new image before so dont want to mess it up anything i need to be careful of ?

Thanks for the reply

Hurrst

Hi Hurrst I have flashed lots of times and it is relatively simple, if I can do it so can you! You will need to install your system from fresh without using any saved settings. I managed the whole process in under 2 hours. Shout if you get stuck, there are plenty of people far more knowledgable than me willing to help.
Frankblueking
 
Hi guys,

I have just flashed with the latest version 3.0 using the usb and all seems to be fine.

But i do still have the same issue that its not letting me connect i am getting this message:

Status: Connecting to 192.168.0.20:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

gutted as i cant update setting or anything

Hurrst
 
Hi guys,

I have just flashed with the latest version 3.0 using the usb and all seems to be fine.

But i do still have the same issue that its not letting me connect i am getting this message:



gutted as i cant update setting or anything

Hurrst


I assume you used a settings backup from your previous 2.4 image ?. If this is the case you have now broken the FTP protocol in the image and only a clean re-flash can repair it. ViX 3.0 has been significantly and extensively re-coded from the core level up and is no longer compatible with older settings backups made from older image versions.
 
Hi guys,gutted as i cant update setting or anything

Hurrst

Hi Hurrst
Did you use any backup settings? A reflash without using any old settings worked for me and if I understand Phoenix using old settings will not work. Rgds Frankblueking
 
Yes guys have just re done and i can now ftp fine. sorry when it offered me the chance to restore old settings i did which was silly as i had read that i shouldn't.

I now need to start restoring all items i need to get the box running again as before thanks for help guys...

Hurrst
 
Right sorted settings and some plugins etc.

Only problem i now have is to attempt to set up my motor settings and i have had the same problem when i first set it up and never really resolved it.

I have gone into Setup/Service Searching/Positioner setup and in there i can press the red TUNE button and select the sat i want to search for...... Now here's my problem only 28 and 19 degs east are appearing ??

Does anyone know what i need to do to get the other satellites to be listed after i press that red TUNE button ??

Until i can get them to appear there i have no way of searching for them...

(and no i am unable to use Usals guys)

If anyone can answer my problem it would be greatly appreciated as it is a tad fustrating i have tried ..

Many Thanks in anticipation...

Regards

Hurrst
 
Right sorted settings and some plugins etc.

Only problem i now have is to attempt to set up my motor settings and i have had the same problem when i first set it up and never really resolved it.

I have gone into Setup/Service Searching/Positioner setup and in there i can press the red TUNE button and select the sat i want to search for...... Now here's my problem only 28 and 19 degs east are appearing ??

Does anyone know what i need to do to get the other satellites to be listed after i press that red TUNE button ??

Until i can get them to appear there i have no way of searching for them...

(and no i am unable to use Usals guys)

If anyone can answer my problem it would be greatly appreciated as it is a tad fustrating i have tried ..

Many Thanks in anticipation...

Regards

Hurrst

Are you using a fixed or motorised dish, or both?

Let me know and I will guide you through the process.
 
I have a disecq motor as lnb 1 and a fixed dish on 28 degs on lnb 2.

Now i know how to search and find and store my satellites with the motor thats no problem as long as i can select the satellites i wish to search for in the "red button tune" section.

But sadly i can only see 19 and 28 degs east.

I had the same hassle last time i tried to set it up and not sure how but i got the other sats to appear in the list but this time i can't seem to co it so not sure how to get em to show up.

They are all there when i look in tuner A settings under advance all sats are there.

They just fail to show up for selection in the positioner tune menu ???

Thanks for the reply.

Hurrst
 
I have a disecq motor as lnb 1 and a fixed dish on 28 degs on lnb 2.

Now i know how to search and find and store my satellites with the motor thats no problem as long as i can select the satellites i wish to search for in the "red button tune" section.

But sadly i can only see 19 and 28 degs east.

I had the same hassle last time i tried to set it up and not sure how but i got the other sats to appear in the list but this time i can't seem to co it so not sure how to get em to show up.

They are all there when i look in tuner A settings under advance all sats are there.

They just fail to show up for selection in the positioner tune menu ???

Thanks for the reply.

Hurrst

Firstly I always keep a note of my tuner settings in case I have to do a firmware rebuild. This is how I have mine set up and it works perfectly:

Tuner A is my motorised dish, select simple and usals and then add your longitude and latitude settings, these must be accurate and your dish aligned correctly, do you have these settings?
For my fixed dish I use tuner B, select single and the satellite you wish to view in my case it is Astra Eurobird on 28.2 east.

I then download the satellite settings from this forum and use Dreamset edit to install into my VU Duo. The whole process (providing you have all your info) should take no more than 10 minutes.

If you need any additional information PM me as I don't always log on every day to the forum.
 
I have now sorted the above .

My problem was how i was exiting the satellite setting page i was using the wrong button so it wasn't saving my settings.....

Daft but true anyway managed to get it sorted thanks for all replies..

Hurrst
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top