Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

FTP Issues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlessedYouth
  • Start date Start date
B

BlessedYouth

Guest
Hello

I've installed Vix 3,723, and my network seems to have gone weird?, in Adapter settings I get primary dns 194.168.4.100, secondary is 192.168.8.100, then current settings are IP address192.168.0.5, netmask is fine 255.255.255.0 but gate way is 192.168.0.1?
whenI use filezilla and use Primary DNS status just states "connecting to ..., if I uise the IP address i get
Status: Connecting to 192.168.0.5:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

I do not know what I have done admittedly I'm not completely savvy with FTP but I've had my VU duo for two years and never had this issue before, believe me when I say any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance BlessedYouth
 
Go into the network menu and check if FTP is enabled

in filezilla you need to tupe 192.168.0.5 next box root and rest blank
 
Thank you Stanman
I tried 192.168.0.5 and FTP is running username : root i get this:
Status: Connecting to 192.168.0.5:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

I do not understand?

thanks for your prompt reply
 
your network settings do look pretty messed up.
what build did you update from & did you restore settings?
 
Hello
from Vix 3.393 too vix 3.723, I have not restored settings

Thank you very much
 
Do you know what your router IP address is?
 
hello

Hey I must have done something as its working?

Thanks
 
Glad it is working - whatever it was you did!

You would be best to change those DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 because those you have in there now don't look right and probably won't allow your box to get out onto the internet for software updates and plugin downloads.
 
I also am having this same issue. I updated to VIX 3 748 from VIX 2.1 (i think, it was before the bootloader update) and restored the settings from this. The FTP shows as running and the system can receive software updates from feeds.

Everything in the update seemed to go very smoothly indeed until I tried to connect to update my channel list. I was sure i could update to the most recent Catseye 28.2E list from the new image but couldn't work out how so went to the back to the FTP method.
 
Last edited:
I also am having this same issue. I updated from VIX 2.1 (i think, it was before the bootloader update) and restored the settings from this. The FTP shows as running and the system can receive software updates from feeds.
Indeed: if you use 2.1 settings in the present image you'll have this (and other) issues. That's why we've always told not to do that.
 
Indeed: if you use 2.1 settings in the present image you'll have this (and other) issues. That's why we've always told not to do that.
Thanks. I knew it was all going too smoothly. I imagine a re-flash and manual installation of settings is the way forward then?
 
Hi,
importing settings from an image <3 results in a misconfigured ftp server. Do a fresh install and everything should work.

ciao
 
Hi,
importing settings from an image <3 results in a misconfigured ftp server. Do a fresh install and everything should work.

ciao
Everything up and running again. Will research a little more in future. Thanks.
 
Hi,
sorry I was to late because I did not see the second page:-(

Ralf
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top