Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] FTP password Helios

regy101

New member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Hi. I previously updated to Helios but I cant manage to connect via FTP. Did the password change? thanks
 
hi. I am using filezilla ftp client. I could previously connect to ftp configs etc but it wont recognise my username and password which i had used before updating to helios. I updated to helios a while ago but seen on some sites that a new image will change the ftp password.
 
The default login details are:

user= root
password= none/blank/does not exist/not appplicable
 
as abu baniaz says there is no password set by default, but some FTP clients require you to set one. In such cases you can set a FTP / Telnet password in a Telnet session using the passwd command.
 
Hi. just updated to apollo 008 and tried again

I use Filezilla client and input host as my box IP address, username as root and password blank. I get the below message in the dialogue box.

esponse: 220 (vsFTPd 3.0.2)
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ****
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server
 
Sorry to ask, are you typing "blank" as the password?

Did you restore any settings?
 
when you reflash your stb the user/password revert to default so telnet the box type root return return the type passwd and set your password again following on screen instructions
 
Command: PASS ****

This is displayed when you type a password. However if a password is not set then it should not matter. Flash the receiver again and make sure you do not restore any backup
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top