Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] FTP to box over WAN

rikesh

Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Hello,

Is it possible to setup the box such that I can FTP into it from another location, using the external IP address? Would also be nice to access Open Webif.

The reason: I provide support for a number of people in different locations and currently I have to connect to their laptop via remote support and then use their machine to connect to the box. This can be quite clunky and slow.

Thanks in advance.
 
Yes, easily done.
But begs the question why you would 'provide support for a number of people in different locations'?
If you don't know their network details, what are you doing on their networks?
 
I have a number of family and friends in different houses for whom I install and maintain their boxes. Such as channel updates, etc.

From my original post, how did you infer that I don't know their network settings?

Could you go further and explain how it's done. Thanks.
 
I would say NO.. We wont go any further with this..

They are steps used by pay-servers to update client boxes..

So there will be NO info given on this subject on this forum..
 
I have a number of family and friends in different houses for whom I install and maintain their boxes. Such as channel updates, etc.

From my original post, how did you infer that I don't know their network settings?

Could you go further and explain how it's done. Thanks.

No, sorry.
 
Really? You're making me feel like I'm doing something wrong here.

Thanks for the 'help'...
 
If your providing such support you should know how how to fully use Enigma 2 receivers and how to setup port forwarding etc..
 
Thanks Tkr001, managed to figure it out after some further searching.

If anyone who is new to the scene needs help, feel free to PM. Everyone has to start somewhere.
 
If anyone who is new to the scene needs help, feel free to PM. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Glad you got your issue sorted, but please keep any help in public rather than PM so others can also benefit from it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top