Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GiGablue Quad – First impressions

by editing skin_display220_no_picon in /usr/share/enigma2

altho i think this is a mistake in the image as we shud be editing skin_display220_picon for these changes.
 
Can somebody confirm sound working in dvdplayer with iso files. have tried optical,hdmi rca with passtrough on and off, still no sound. have tried openmips and openaaf, nothing helps.vu+duo(blackhole image) plays them fine.otherwise i dont have any issues with sound. Watching tv,divx,mp4 and mkv works with hdmi and optical.
 
Can somebody confirm sound working in dvdplayer with iso files. have tried optical,hdmi rca with passtrough on and off, still no sound. have tried openmips and openaaf, nothing helps.vu+duo(blackhole image) plays them fine.otherwise i dont have any issues with sound. Watching tv,divx,mp4 and mkv works with hdmi and optical.

Just tested mine and get the same results as you. (.ISO file with DVD Player=picture with no sound)
BUT I did try playing a .VOB file with the built in media player and that had sound.
 
Hm, I have problems with movies like mp4 ones. THey do not stutter but have some kind of ghosting effect, like the image would not be traveling fast enough, hard to explain. For example, the xtreamer beats the divx, mp4 playing at any time. I know, this receiver is not maily for this, but the player really isn't something, fast forward is a pain and stutters for 20 seconds before resuming, there is no resuming play where you end it. From what the sat/dvb-t part is I would assume the media player could be better. I am not sure if hardware is capable of playing fast enough.
 
I watched two episodes of "Game of thrones" last night after work.
They were .MKV files and they played perfectly :cool:

I did find that FF/RWD was crap but that isn't just on the Quad. My Duo was exactly the same.

Where are your movies stored? (INT HDD, USB HDD, Network?)
 
My movies are on a network NAS drive.

Is it possible to record to netowrk drive with Quad? I have not found that option.
 
if you mount the networked drive and change the recording paths accordingly yes, but why go to all that when you could just throw a old laptop HDD into the box and record to that ?.
 
Just tested mine and get the same results as you. (.ISO file with DVD Player=picture with no sound)
BUT I did try playing a .VOB file with the built in media player and that had sound.
OK, Thanks for testing. I will open a new thread for this to see if we can get this sorted out.
 
If its the same across images your better off emailing the manufacturer as likely to be driver issue - if its possiable to do.
 
Because netowrk drive is visible to both my "machines" and local disk is visible to one only ;-) And I don't have a 2.5" HD ready right now.
 
My movies are on a network NAS drive.
Is it possible to record to netowrk drive with Quad? I have not found that option.
if you mount the networked drive and change the recording paths accordingly yes, but why go to all that when you could just throw a old laptop HDD into the box and record to that ?.
Using a NAS for recording is an often used and convenient way.

Because netowrk drive is visible to both my "machines" and local disk is visible to one only ;-) And I don't have a 2.5" HD ready right now.
Also local drives can be mounted to other boxes (and PC's and the NAS).
So it's virtually unimportant from a technical point of view to where you record and from where you watch. Also for the user this is quite transparent (provided the mounts are setup in a handy way, e.g. with symlinks in the movie list).
 
One question, in my home I've a RF modulator (SCART) that connect signal to all TV. In GB quad it's already possible to connect by composite to modulator and watch TV at the same time with HDMI?
Silly question I know.. but..
thanks
 
One question, in my home I've a RF modulator (SCART) that connect signal to all TV. In GB quad it's already possible to connect by composite to modulator and watch TV at the same time with HDMI?
Silly question I know.. but..
thanks

Yes, I do the same here (and did before when I had a Duo)
 
seeing as no one commented on the other thread about the remote and the sensor on the duo and how it compared to the duo. Can someone here comment what their opinion is of the quad IR sensor.

Do you require a direct line of sight and point the remote straight at the box for it to register. if you can use the remote from wider angles, how good are those angles compared to previous receivers you've used?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had never thought of trying this before..

But i have just tried this..

Yes.. It does exactly the same as the Duo and Ultimo..

I can point the remote in the opposite direction.. and remote works perfectly..
 
thanks for you response,

with that in mind, it looks like i will probably opt to buy this receiver once it has it's teething problems sorted with drivers etc. i usually use a harmony remote this is good news for me the duo2's front lcd display x2 is not much use to me as my receiver is out of direct sight.

unless the duo2 has something really special i think the quad is going to be my next receiver.
 
Yes, I do the same here (and did before when I had a Duo)

Mhmmm I connect my QUAD with cable red,yellow,white to scart converter and connect it to RF modulator, but doesn't work..
How you connect to your modulator??
 
I use Harmony ONE and I have to point it quite right to work :-( On the plus side, the Harmony works as opposed to Deam Multimedia boxes that have hard trouble with it (sending double presses most of the time).
 
Mhmmm I connect my QUAD with cable red,yellow,white to scart converter and connect it to RF modulator, but doesn't work..
How you connect to your modulator??

Sorry, It's my problem.. I connect with SCART out :mad: now I connect to SCART in and It works like a charme!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top