Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad Hard Drive size

At least u got sorted in the end. Did u get it from the same place
 
yes from the same place it saved all the hassle of waiting to see when they would get the quads in, and i really wasn't bothered about the 4 tuner option it just seemed that it would be a bonus
 
Ok to buy a sata 11 1tb for quad plus? im such a newbie my purchase is still in the post :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
I think they only accept 2.5" drives and a sata II will be ok i have 1 TB one in my Solo2, and i am still tempted to get a Quad plus :)
 
Hello this is my 1st real Question

i was originally going to get a VU+Duo but decided to get the Gigablue Quad, at the moment on it's way from Finland

i have 3-500gig sata drives 2 that i used to use in my PC till i upgraded to 2 and 1 Terabit HD's and 1 that i took out of a Tivo box that i bought for £20 from flebay

then realized it would not work as a free view box :o i was originally going to put the Tivo's Western Digital in the Duo as it is already Linux - but the Gigablue only takes 2.1/2" drives

i have a 200gig 2.1/2" sata drive from a old laptop, would that be large enough to work in the Gigablue and use 2 of the others as external drives

i have 2 Samsung drives both HD501LJ's (500GB/7200rpm/16mb cache

the Western Digital is a WD500AADS/32mb cache

or would i be better of only using the 1 external drive and using the Western Digital as that has a better cache as by reading on here that speed isn't every thing

the reason i asked if the 200gig will be large enough is that i am not sure how many hours recording i will be able to get on it especially if i record a lot of High Def programs

Thanks in advance

regards norm

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i just binned my bros Tivo box as it was piece of S**T and beeped when ever it did anything!! i have rescued the 500GB HDD out of it but cant get it to pick up in my TM-Twin or on my windows PC have you got yours working and if so how??
 
Hello josh_g yes I managed get it working eventually I tried every thing but nothing seemed to work after pulling my hair out Twice :D
I finally managed to format it with MiniTool Partition Wizard and I am using it with my Solo2 fitted in a external HD Caddy :thumbsup:

forgot to mention I am using Windows 7 - MiniTool has retrieved 2 Dead Hard Drives that I was going to bin, but it has failed to recover my 1 tb
that was my main boot drive when my power supply blew the power surge must have fried the boot sector

regards norm
 
Last edited:
Hello josh_g yes I managed get it working eventually I tried every thing but nothing seemed to work after pulling my hair out Twice :D
I finally managed to format it with MiniTool Partition Wizard and I am using it with my Solo2 fitted in a external HD Caddy :thumbsup:

regards norm

ahh good stuff, so i take it you just install that program and it will detect the HDD on the PC when plugged in?
 
yes mate it usually dose I must have been editing my post when you replied, that's why i mentioned the fried hd
it's a great program i think it was Rob from here suggested it to me
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top