Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johev
  • Start date Start date
J

Johev

Guest
Dear members,

I have just recommended Gigablue Quad as it was cheaper than Solo2 to a friend.

The specifications look good on paper, however after reading more I am a little bit worried now.

I would like to know if you think that this receiver is a good buy and if it performs well.

Many thanks in advance for your input.

PS: Would you recommend another mid range twin DVB-S2 receiver to someone?
 
I used to change boxes frequently until I bought a quad over a year ago and I've no intentions of changing it anytime soon. IMO they're a brilliant box.
 
The best sat receiver i've ever had : fast, reliable and often driver updates.
Top of the bill-receiver.
 
Hi,
there will be a Quad+ in March so perhaps wait a bit.

ciao
 
Thank you all for your replies. It looks good on paper, however the constant driver updates are due to having terrible drivers to start with.

I still hope that transcoding will be possible, however given the fact that their were not able to enable the gigabit ethernet I am not holding my breath for it.

The price difference compared to solo2 is 60 EUR, do you still think that it is worth having over the solo2?

Many thanks for your input.
 
Hi,
transcoding and finally GBit should come with the Quad+.

ciao
 
Go to solo2 leave quad there, no good driver support by them, many bugs to fix from too much time.

Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
I haven't got any problems at all, and more driver updates than vu.
If I would choose a box again, it would be the quad again.

sent from Pipo M9 Pro
 
More drivers updates maybe becouse they has more fixes to do you know....I repeat, quad has too much driver bugs, talk about dts problems or broken recordings or pink screen on same tv or tp or DVB-T usb not working.....more and more other bugs....then...if you only watch tv and sometimes make some record ok it's work but please not compare it with solo 2 it is not a good idea.

Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
lol have you ever tried a quad ? I doubt it, you wouldn't talk like this otherwise.
 
I actually have a quad and also a solo2, trust me I know what I say...perfectly.....

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
ah what about transcoding? Can you say it works on gb quad like on solo 2? I think not.....and what about gigabit lan? Come on guys....

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
then why did you buy the quad if you don't like it :

Extra on quad : double Flash mem of vu+ solo2 512 instead of 256 / 4 tuners instead of 2 / colour lcd screen /it is at least £80 cheaper than solo2 /
Extra on solo2 : transcoding

I don't need gigabyte Lan as i have a 120 gb fibre optic internet, which i enjoy fully with the lan cable which is better for streaming.

I don't need transcoding either btw. Main thing for me is sat tv and streaming and the quad performs excellent in both ways, and i got no problems at all recording btw, 8 HD channels at the same time and all recorded perfectly.
 
Last edited:
Ok you are right I don't want to create a flame so....if you are sure about what you are saying ok no problem at all

Thamks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
Transcoding is only useful if it works correctly, low resolution isn't ideal
 
Johev, I advised a box to a mate, tm2t, and it turned out to be more hassle than it was worth. They got the basics wrong. I have a Quad for over a year and am in the process of buying another. I would recommend it to anyone BUT I would need to be certain of their needs. For most new users the Quad would be more than capable and it's speed would go unnoticed/unappreciated. The price, now, competes directly with twin tuner, lower spec'ed boxes. There are niggles but for price/spec it is great. More + than -
Edit . Potential batch issue
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=34556

Tapatālker
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top