Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GigaBlue Quad Plus (with OpenVIX) keep deleting my recordings

  • Thread starter Thread starter noxios
  • Start date Start date
What? Do u think it's the hacking stuff the reason? Well I will do that however I’m on Hispasat and I'm not sure there is free channels there but, I will do my best to try that option
Your box is fully open to anyone who does a simple goole search.
While you leave it that way, it's pretty hard to even attempt to provide any support.
 
Howww... that shouldn’t be the reason, but after all this advises ill return to the "block", I just opened the box because I receive the channels at work by phone (by transcoding)... but if you say that it could be one reason (or the reason) for this issue then I can live without the transcoding to outside ... starting tomorrow I will (re)block the box again.
 
Ok *abu
Now that you tell me that I will stop, anyway I didn’t ever see the point on do it I just wanted to start a clean installation
The installation doesn't go to the HDD - it goes onto the internal flash. So a reflash of the image (from a download) will be a clean installation.
 
Howww... that shouldn’t be the reason, but after all this advises ill return to the "block", I just opened the box because I receive the channels at work by phone (by transcoding)... but if you say that it could be one reason (or the reason) for this issue then I can live without the transcoding to outside ... starting tomorrow I will (re)block the box again.
Because anyone can control your box now.
Might not be the issue but hard to tell as you've given everyone access to the box.
 
*birdman
I already did clean installations (with 3 different firmware) 7 or 8 times for being more exact with the same result (the recordings disappeared at some point) and even the folder movies gone sometimes (not always)
yesterday I put the machine to record again with the timer and today it was still there but I don't trust this "calm" because before I already kept recordings for a while and suddenly they all disappeared even some that I transferred from the USB stick to disk have gone and some more from the Dreambox disk also... they all disappeared at some point... :(


*judge
Ok the box is "closed" again by the router (not even I can access it from outside) I already tested at work.
you asked me this data from the box :

Welcome to OpenViX for gbquadplus
openvix Hades gbquadplus

gbquadplus login: root
Last login: Mon May 18 19:51:09 CEST 2015 on pts/1
root@gbquadplus:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 433.1M 83.5M 349.6M 19% /
devtmpfs 279.1M 4.0K 279.1M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
/dev/sda1 465.6G 838.3M 463.8G 0% /media/hdd
tmpfs 279.2M 284.0K 278.9M 0% /var/volatile
root@gbquadplus:~#

Is this data relevant? Does this tell you anything isn't supposed to be ok after a clean installation? All this configurations.
By the way this doesn't show the "movies" folder but the direction in the movies recordings refer to it... I’m lost!!! Does this only says it is mounted the HDD?
 
Last edited:
/dev/sda1 465.6G 838.3M 463.8G 0% /media/hdd
Hmmm....but you also mention a USB stick, which isn't showing up there at the moment.
Now, if your box is anything like mine then if you do insert a USB stick and reboot you may find that the USB stick gets mounted as /media/hdd with the HDD ending up as /media/sda1 (or similar). The result of this would be that /media/hdd/movie would no longer exist (well, it would exist, but not under that name - it would be /media/sda1/movie).
I fixed this for me by using the Mount Manager (Setup->Vix->Mount Manager) to specifically configure the mount locations for my USB stick and HDD. (so they are now mounted by the UUID of the file-system on them, rather than by the device name - which can depend on who answers first during the device scan).
 
There was a commit to aid the external USB/Internal HDD mount issue a few days back. Best to update to Hades 10 if not already done.
 
* birdman
Thank you for this information, as far as I could understand you are telling me the problem lay then in correctly specify de mounting devices.
No the USB is no longer there I took it out because I thought it was the USB that demanded too much power from the machine in addition to the HDD.

Question: with all this memory in the box do you think is a good idea having a USB just for a swap purpose? Or does this box do well without it? If so I don’t see any point in using a USB anymore

*abu
Ok I will do the upgrade, or even better an all “fresh” new install with the Hades 10
 
Last edited:
* birdman
Thank you for this information, as far as I could understand you are telling me the problem lay then in correctly specify de mounting devices.
No. I'm telling you that this is a possibility - not that it is definitely what you are seeing.

Question: with all this memory in the box do you think is a good idea having a USB just for a swap purpose? Or does this box do well without it? If so I don’t see any point in using a USB anymore.
Memory (RAM) has nothing to do with it. That gets cleared when you power off.
The flash memory would be too slow for a swapfile (best place for that, if you want one, would be on the HDD) - and also gets wiped completely on a reflash, so you wouldn't want to use that for anything you wish to keep - such as backups.
The HDD will spin down when not in use, so you wouldn't want to use that for storing picons (if you use them) as that would make EPG displays slow to start up. They are best kept on a USB stick (the backups and epg cache can go there too).
 
Ok,
Thank you for all these very useful informations.
 
Last edited:
I had this issue and it was down to my VU Duo being opened to the internet with no password. As soon as I passworded my box it all went back to normal. Cheeky buggers whoever it was!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top