Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Hades possible WiFi issues

I've flashed Hades 005 but it's no improvement on this problem. Is there something I am missing?
 
Do a manual setup of the wifi and use the file posted earlier by abu. For some reason the new file doesn't have the fix in it that abu's file does.

it could be the fix is still in dev, it will be pushed to master image soon.
 
I arranged it by configuring the ethernet and WIFI with the same adresses and setting them both ON.On installing ethernet set WOL also on.Working fine now without any tricks.
 
I arranged it by configuring the ethernet and WIFI with the same adresses and setting them both ON.On installing ethernet set WOL also on.Working fine now without any tricks.

is encryption still showing unsupported for you?
 
yes , but box is working as it should be.On WIFI I gave in my password from my router and connection is ok.Have internet and plugin updating possible.Streaming over WIFI or internet is also working.
 
I arranged it by configuring the ethernet and WIFI with the same adresses and setting them both ON.On installing ethernet set WOL also on.Working fine now without any tricks.
yes , but box is working as it should be.On WIFI I gave in my password from my router and connection is ok.Have internet and plugin updating possible.Streaming over WIFI or internet is also working.
Both WIFI & LAN using the same IP?
 
Both WIFI & LAN using the same IP?
Shouldn't really matter. As long as the Wired interface is configured and running the errant code will think you have a network connexion on eth0 and allow you to continue. You don't even need to have a cable plugged in.
The the box will then actually use the working Wifi link.
 
IMO, there are two issues.

One is the issue on the software update. This has been fixed.

The other is the unsupported encryption type. The first does not matter if your wifi adpater is not connecting. Andy mentioned somethigng about routers having to use a certain encryption type for a connection to be established. Using "WPA or WPA2" does not work. "WPA" or "WPA2" should work.
 
Shouldn't really matter. As long as the Wired interface is configured and running the errant code will think you have a network connexion on eth0 and allow you to continue. You don't even need to have a cable plugged in.
The the box will then actually use the working Wifi link.
Nope, no two live interfaces should ever be configured to use the same IP address, only asking for more problems.
 
Please excuse my coding ignorance but, how has this bug crept in when it was working perfectly on Apollo? I must say I did notice it on my zero on build 166 but thought it was my crap dongle.
 
Please excuse my coding ignorance but, how has this bug crept in when it was working perfectly on Apollo? I must say I did notice it on my zero on build 166 but thought it was my crap dongle.

Think you need to accept bugs/issues can creep in when something is under constant development.
 
Think you need to accept bugs/issues can creep in when something is under constant development.
Please don't misunderstand me. It's purely curiosity. I'm fully aware that bugs/issues can and will creep in. I was just wondering how. I guess without doing a course on programming there isn't a way to explain it to someone without coding experience?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top