Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Hard Drive recommendation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mini-Me
  • Start date Start date
M

Mini-Me

Guest
Now that I've finally sorted out my recording issues, I want to ask you guys on what HDD you'd happily recommend. I'm probably thinking of a 2TB drive, 2.5 or 3.5 inch, WD or Seagate. If I chose a WD drive, should I just go with a Red or green?

Are there any drives to keep clear of?

Thanks in advance.
 
Just a quick followup.... I installed a Western Digital 2TB Blue 3.5" HDD and it's spot on.
 
Does anyone know the maximum hard drive size for the xtrend 10000? I want to try a 3.5" 4tb.
 
i am running a 3TB Toshiba 3.5" without a problem in both my ET10k and Duo2, i also purchased a 4TB for my PC and i initialized it in my Duo2 before i fitted it in my PC because of the 3TB limit with windows and i ran it for about a week in the Duo2 before i transfared it to the PC and all drives are working fine
 
I've only got a puny 500gb 2.5" laptop drive in my box :( Might see if I can pick up a larger desktop drive as I'm forever having to delete recordings.
 
its a pity wos dont do bigger than 1 tb,dam sure a few would have gone for bigger ones:thumbsup:
 
Sorry to hi-jack this thread :p but I'm looking to order a box from WOS too either the Mut@nt HD2400 or the ET10000, does anyone know which brand HDD they use?
I was also looking at the WD range and was thinking of the Purple Surveillance range or the Red NAS range, looks like they are optimised for 24/7 use.
Would anyone recommend a 2.5" or 3.5" (of course this is not an option on all receivers), thinking about which would run cooler as think the ET10000 is fanless?

Also as asked above do the Mut@nt and/or ET10000 running OpenVix support a 4TB drive? Would be the OS that would be the limiting factor with regards to partitioning reqd or not?

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top