Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Hardware / Software or setup Problem / Issue

Flyingpig

New member
Joined
Oct 18, 2011
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello All,

I received my ET8500 the other day and took out my old ET9000 exchanged all the leads and voila - it worked.

However, after being on for a couple of seconds I got an error message on screen saying Tune Failed. I took out the satellite feeds, checked connections, put them back in, --- same messsage. I only got this message when it was trying to use the fixed sly dish which has 4 feeds off it.

I checked the satellite cables were okay by getting my box from one of my other rooms and both worked fine. Put the ET8500 back in and went into the customize and when I select preferred tuner as Tuner 'b' which is the motorised dish and preferred tuner for recordings as Tuner A it has been okay.

I since set it back to auto for both and it was working fine for a day, but my wife just went home and rang me up saying it had the message on again. Talked her through changing it in the cusotmise menu and it is all working fine now.

Possibly issues - Tuner on the Et8500 - not likely - anyway to check?? Cable issue - not likely as working when I plug it into my Mutant 1200.?? Anyways to double check??

LNB on the fixed dish? Possible ---- I have had this message before on my box on my bedroom which is fed from the same dish, but it has all been okay for a while? No issues currently with the box in the bedroom?

Any ideas?

THanks,

James,
 
Possibly (? :) ) dish alignment on the fixed dish?
I believe that the tuners on the ET9000 are better at pulling in weak/poor/marginal signals than the Samsung tuners used almost (?) by everyone including Xtrend.
Noticed it going from ET9200 to ET8000 and the ET8500 (or should I say the Samsung **** tuners) is no better :)
Also if the signal is marginal, it can take upto 5 secs to lock or timeout.

So I wouldn,t expect you to see this issue, But if the dish is poorly setup then it may happen:)
 
Is there a way to check using the device itself for any tll tale signs,,,, i.e snr / agr etc?? Also weak transponders to check with??

thanks
 
Sorry, the figures I see are for a marginal location, you need to get an answer from someone in mainland UK preferably with the same box as all SNR figures are relative.
However, the fact that the motorised dish picks up without issue when set as preferred, appears to indicate issue with fixed dish/LNB
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top