Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

have i got an alignment problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reeves1985
  • Start date Start date
R

reeves1985

Guest
Dish is a standard sky mini dish setup for 28.2
Installed by engineer a few years ago
Recently been having trouble with a few channels being very blocky and unwatchable
Channels affected are only on 2 transponders
And include bt sport hd epsn hd and the other transponder/frequency contain capital tv and heart music channels

I have a dreambox and a venton and both have issues on the same channels

I'm not sure if my dish has managed to move slightly over time or anything

I tried looking at the signal on the venton and dreambox but I don't really know what I'm looking at
On affected channels I'm getting snr reading of around 39% and 6.8db

Other unaffected channels show 55% and 16-20db respectively
Can somebody help me out and point me in the right direction

Thanks
 
Seems slightly out of alignment. If safe to do so, gently push on one edge at a time and see if signal increases.

You can use apps on your phone such as enigma signal meter/dreamdroid.

You want to concentrate on quality, not strength.
 
Perfectly safe for me to do so as it is above porch roof so no issue there
Will download the app and see if that can help me

It just seems a Google search brings up a mind boggling amount of different info

I think I'll start as you suggested by just nudging it slightly
 
If your old sky dish was installed a few years ago it is worth fitting an up to date LNB. They are extremely cheap to obtain from the usual place.

Do all the alignment checks as well, and you should be sorted.
 
I say a few years it maybe 4-5 years
It's a quad inn but like most things become outdated very quickly
I'll give it a shoulder barge first see if that helps :-)
 
Forgot to say, mark current position just in case you push too much.

You only need to make a small adjustment.
 
A 4 or 5 year old SKY quad LNB should still work perfectly fine if it had the cover pulled down properly over the f-plugs.
I'd be nudging the dish first as your stronger channels aren't the best either.
 
Thanks guys
Thats my first approach
I noticed a while ago with bt sport hd and espn hd
But didn't think much of it at the time until I saw other channels and looked a bit further into signal strength and quality
Mind I can't say I know an awful lot about it
I may even have knockined It a bit myself putting some cctv cameras up
 

Similar threads

M
Replies
5
Views
5K
matt221171
M

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top