Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] Have to reboot via rear switch at back every morning!

danlou

Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Points
16
A friend has a Xtrend 8500 which is causing a couple of issues.

One is that when he puts the receiver in standby at night and each the morning he has to reboot by switching off and on at the back.
I understood that upgrading to a later version would resolve so I have upgraded to 4.2.020 as of last night and the problem reoccurs this morning.

There are no timers set up at all.

The second issue is IPTV Player: i have latest version and Vix logo hangs as busy when selecting stream. Virus safe and parental control disabled in router. Other boxes working fine such as Edison OSMINI but since upgrading to 4.2.020 not working on xtrend 8500

Any ideas welcome please.
thanks
 
Last edited:
These are configured with DVB-Cable tuners....
 
standby or deep standby???

Would be worth turning on debug logs (assuming there are no crash logs???) ...make sure logs are not in flash!) and can be extracted
.. and then post logs here :)

EPG/ABM updated over night??? If so change times to day and see what happens
 
standby or deep standby???

Would be worth turning on debug logs (assuming there are no crash logs???) ...make sure logs are not in flash!) and can be extracted
.. and then post logs here :)

EPG/ABM updated over night??? If so change times to day and see what happens

ok, will arrange. Thanks
It's just standby from via red button on remote but will check with user as I'm sure he doesn't go through menu to put into deep standby. Thanks
 
ok, will arrange. Thanks
It's just standby from via red button on remote but will check with user as I'm sure he doesn't go through menu to put into deep standby. Thanks
I use standby all the time and don,t have an issue, but have seen issues on the forum before with plugins that wake up during the night and crash for some reason
 
Thanks. Be interested to know if these issues are with satellite or cable variants but the pattern seems to be issues are only emerging with cable boxes. I have had no issues reported from Xtrend 8500 satellite users or certainly the standby symptom from above.
Will hopefully get some diagnostic tests carried out later and report back. Cheers

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
 
standby or deep standby???

Would be worth turning on debug logs (assuming there are no crash logs???) ...make sure logs are not in flash!) and can be extracted
.. and then post logs here :)

EPG/ABM updated over night??? If so change times to day and see what happens

It looks as though it's the EPG import. For some reason it's stuck on Loading data with Vix logo spinning continually....
 
further investigation it seems hard disk drive is corrupt as tried to initialise but came back with 'journal' errors. Will contact W.O.S.
 
Also have discovered that IPTV player does not work with 4.2.20 vix. Rolled back to a previous version and all ok.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
 
There have been ffmpeg updates on the oe-a, so this could have impacted the plugin, in which case you are reliant on the author updating the plugin, not ViX :)
 
Yes but latest version of IPTV PLAYER works, which I am running , with older version of Vix so can't be the application.
In other words it has to be Vix software

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
 
you need to tell the plugin author that his plugin does not work with updated ffmpeg.
 
My ET8500 still has the standby issue. I updated to 4.2.020 yesterday but this morning it would not switch on without using the rear switch to reboot. Mine has 2 sat tuners and an aerial tuner.

I will try the suggestion of changing the times of he EPG/ABM and see if that solves it.
 
My ET8500 still has the standby issue. I updated to 4.2.020 yesterday but this morning it would not switch on without using the rear switch to reboot. Mine has 2 sat tuners and an aerial tuner.

I will try the suggestion of changing the times of he EPG/ABM and see if that solves it.
Also set up logs, so if there is an issue, there is some information to look at:)
 
Also set up logs, so if there is an issue, there is some information to look at:)

I have just checked and I think that the log settings are ok (save to root and not HDD). I have just added my username and email address.
I have no crash logs, only debug logs - last one 28/11/16.
I have just tested it out with the latest debug log and it sends it to the Vix team as well as emails to me (just sent one by accident :confused: ) - is there any way to only send to me?
 
I have just checked and I think that the log settings are ok (save to root and not HDD). I have just added my username and email address.
I have no crash logs, only debug logs - last one 28/11/16.
I have just tested it out with the latest debug log and it sends it to the Vix team as well as emails to me (just sent one by accident :confused: ) - is there any way to only send to me?
Don,t save logs to root (flash memory) should go to hdd or usb
Better to post logs here in the forum - :)

As you have had a crash log, also turn on debug while this is sorted
 
There have been ffmpeg updates on the oe-a, so this could have impacted the plugin, in which case you are reliant on the author updating the plugin, not ViX :)
Ok, but one would think that any newer updates would make things backward-compatible?

It's a bit like a word document written in Word 2010 software but then opened in a later release - it will still work...



Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
 
No - it's probably more like using Word 2010 (the plugin) to open a newer document. There may have been changes to the ffmpeg interface not catered for by the older plugin software.
 
Ok, but one would think that any newer updates would make things backward-compatible?

It's a bit like a word document written in Word 2010 software but then opened in a later release - it will still work...



Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
You are right, "one would think" - unfortunately changes are made to improve the image and the oe-a base but plugins are written totally independant from this and therefore may be impacted and need changes to run:)
 
I've been getting this exact same problem with my satellite version of et8500. decided to turn off hdmi cec and leave the box on at night, no standby and for the past few days nothing has gone wrong.

have set debug logs to on now, so will post if something goes wrong..
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top