Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Haven't used Zero for about 4 years, tried to update image, will not see USB stick

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steve_W
  • Start date Start date
S

Steve_W

Guest
Hi guys, I downloaded the latest official image for the zero, formatted my Kingston 8GB USB stick using HP formatter on Windows 10, dragged the vu plus folder containing all the right files to the usb stick, inserted it into the back of the box and turned it on, the box did not boot from the USB drive and did not update.

So, I tried erasing the stick using the box, which worked fine, then put the stick into a Ubuntu laptop and put the vu plus folder in the root of the USB drive, tried again, still no joy, will not boot. Tried off a Mac as well, no joy.

Struggling here, any ideas? I can access the box over the network via SSH or telnet if that helps...Many thanks!
 
Any other usb devices inserted? If so, remove those and try formatting again to Fat32 & unzip the image. If still no joy, you could try Image Manager, but cos the Zero has no HDD you won’t be able to ftp the zipped image over.
FYI- I always use the front usb ports when flashing receivers, but can’t remember if the Zero has a front port.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You can try this:
Download latest image, unzip and then copy the main folder containing the root and kernel to /tmp
Then in telnet session:- ofgwrite -r -k /tmp/mainfolder ———> obviously replace mainfolder with the folder name!
 
OK I sussed it. When I was formatting the disk, it was previously used for Mac stuff. It was formatted using the GUID scheme, not master boot record. I changed that and voila... thanks all!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top