Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-2T] HDD detection problem

purenirvana

New member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all,

Having trouble getting Vix to recognise HDDs in three TM-Nano-2T boxes. The drive simply does not get recognised, it does not get listed in the "detected devices" section of the device information menu, I can feel the drive is spinning though.

If I flash the boxes with the original 4d team OpenPli image the drives are recognised, can be formatted and mounted. As soon as I flash to a Vix image the drives are not recognised. I've also tried an old 3.0.808 version to see if this helped - it didn't.

Can anyone advise on a solution other than having to use the OpenPli image?

Thanks in advance!

pn
 
Apollo version 023 by the way. I put this in the box at the start of the thread but I've noticed it says Apollo in both version and number for some reason?
 
Do the following;

Menu, Setup, System, Storage Devices, Initialisation. Your HDD should be highlighted here, press ok and red button to Initialise.

Let me know how you get on buddy.
 
Hi Andy,

That option doesn't exist in the menu as Vix doesn't even detect the HDD, OpenPli does, Vix does not. If I go Menu, Information, Devices there is nothing listed under "Detected Devices". If I flash OpenPli on, bang the HDD is there, can format, mount etc. all in OpenPli. Vix just won't detect the HDD, so there are no options to initialise, mount, unmount etc.

Don't really want to use OpenPli, but at this rate it looks like I'll have to :(
 
Initialisation will format HDD, no need to do so yet.

Are you able to get debug/rs232 logs?
 
Hi Abu,

The fault appears to lie during boot up, when using OpenPli the HDD powers up for longer and you can hear it clicking and working. With Vix the HDD only clicks a couple of times then just stays in spin hence why Vix doesn't detect it.

I am pretty experienced with E2 boxes, so I can get logs off if you tell me where they are stored. Obviously they aren't going to be on the HDD as it isn't being detected!

Which files are used to detect the HDD in OpenPli and Vix? I'm wondering if I can copy a couple of files out of OpenPli into Vix to force the HDD to be detected.
 
Boot logs using serial connection would be better. If not possible, enable debug logs, reboot s required. Default location is /home/root/logs/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top