Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] HDD installed

  • Thread starter Thread starter gymrat
  • Start date Start date
G

gymrat

Guest
Hi
ive just got a vu+duo and installed my hd. I switched the box back on and clicked record and it works great.
I thought it needed setting up. Do i need to worry about this or just keep using it. ?
thanks.
 
Ideally i would recommend that you initialize the HDD through the image, that way it is properly setup for the image, it will however wipe all content on the drive akin to a windows format.
 
Ok ill search about for instructions to do that then.
Thankyou very much both for your help.
 
Unmount the HDD first
Blue button > Vix > Mount Manager > Select device > Yellow for unmount

Then
Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Initialisation
 
Yes I'm using vix, sorry forgot to mention. Off now to give it a go.
 
Done what you said and now saying on front of box, initialisation, been going for the last 15 mins, is this normal? Its a 500gb.
 
Still initializing. Been over an hour now, getting a little worried.
 
It finished and didn't tell me! I went off from initialisation back to settings, and there was a pop up box saying finished.
Itryed recording and it works great, but before recording it asks me do I want to enable VPS ? Didn't know what to enter.
What does this mean?
Thanks
 
Don't be offended. Rob is a very knowledgeable and helpful chap. Despite what it comes across like, he is actually trying to help, not just you, but anyone else who may have a similar issue. Perhaps a case of having being cruel to be kind?

What may apply to one image may not apply to another, PLI/Blackhole etc. Another thing that people get offended by is the stance on stating which build version a person is using. Again, things change. What was in build 521 may not be the same as what is in build 808. It also helps the coders identify when certain things stop working and they can trace when it happened. Small change in one thing may affect another.

It is a rather exponential learning curve. Stick around and you will get lots of help including from Rob. Especially if assumptions do not have to be made. Questions are always welcome. Hopefully the reasons above explain the need for details.
 
Yes it certainly does..I'm just eager to learn but being a beginner I'm not quite sure what and how to ask.
Thankyou anyway
 
.....but before recording it asks me do I want to enable VPS ? Didn't know what to enter.
What does this mean?
Then you have installed the VPS-plugin I presume?
It's a Video Programming Service (giving a signal if a show actually starts, but only supported by a very limited number of services these days).
As it is very unlikely that your provider actually supports it, you could de-install the plugin.
 
sorry about that, but I am still learning,all you do with sarcastic comments like yours is make people afraid to ask for help.
Maybe you're right. Maybe I am indeed getting a bit sarcastic. But at the end of the day all I seem to be doing is asking people which image they use, which version of that image it is and why they don't post in the right section (which would speed up the process of getting an answer).
All that drains my energy to go into the real topic that has been raised.
Point is that apparently most people asking questions on our board seem to think we have a crystal ball that tells me all the details about people issues/set-up's/how-to-reproduce. Well, I've got news: my ball is defect, broken into thousands of pieces, and now again all my time went into not helping people.....
 
Maybe you're right. Maybe I am indeed getting a bit sarcastic. But at the end of the day all I seem to be doing is asking people which image they use, which version of that image it is and why they don't post in the right section (which would speed up the process of getting an answer).
All that drains my energy to go into the real topic that has been raised.
Point is that apparently most people asking questions on our board seem to think we have a crystal ball that tells me all the details about people issues/set-up's/how-to-reproduce. Well, I've got news: my ball is defect, broken into thousands of pieces, and now again all my time went into not helping people.....


yes i think we have all been a little guilty of that lately. It really does help us to help our users if they can provide just a few simple pieces of information at the beginning of a request for help, but i can see why they may be a little hesitant at making a thread for fear of "getting their heads bitten off".

Note to self. Take a chill pill dude.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top