Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue HD800SE] HDMI CEC not working correctly with Samsung TV

  • Thread starter Thread starter simplinux
  • Start date Start date
S

simplinux

Guest
Hello,
i needed openvpn and my image was so old i could not upgrade due to have no feeds.
So i flashed openvix-Apollo.153-gb800se.
I kept it clean so i did not do a restore.
BTW openvpn works great, congrats on that.
Everything seams to work great with the exception of HDMI-CEC.
Shutting down is ok and i see there is some kind of HDMI-CEC communication between the box and the TV and vice-verse .
But i can not select the gigablue CEC channel on the TV but i can see it, also it will not switch to it when the box starts.
It is not a showstopper by far, but i was used in using only one remote control for the TV and the Box, now i need to use both of them again.
Because it used to work on older images not apollo i just wanted to let you know.
thank you.
 
I have a Samsung TV and use HDMI CEC.

I only have basic hdmi-cec setup but turning my Solo2 either off or on also switches the TV either on or off at same time.

Attached are my settings...

HDMIsettings.webp
 
yes basic HDMI-CEC works , but the more advanced feature don't.
At least for me .
Is anyone of you able to use the TV remote to control the box ?
 
I've never been able to get HDMI-CEC to fully work with any TV, some work with parts of the feature, but never been able to fully work with any TV i've tested.
 
Surely you would want (in my case vu+ solo2) to fully control the satellite box, which it does and to also control the volume on the tv, which mine does and to change AV inputs, which mine does and to turn my vu+ solo2 on/off which mine does and finally to turn my TV on/off which mine does.
My satellite receivers (vu+ solo2 and vu+ uno) are my main entertainments, not my TV(s) so surely the vu+ remotes should do all that I have mentioned above?? The reason I say this is I never tune my TV to view any fta/freesat etc, my satellite receivers provide the viewing for me. I have a Blu-ray/DVD player for viewing my collection of movies and that is controlled by using my panny remote, which I would expect it to do so. [emoji57]
 
I have a Samsung TV and use HDMI CEC.

I only have basic hdmi-cec setup but turning my Solo2 either off or on also switches the TV either on or off at same time.

Attached are my settings...

View attachment 41259

Have you fully paired the remote with your make of TV by putting the TV code into your vu+ remote?
Does your vu+ remote control the TV volume, not the vu+ receivers volume (big difference)?
I would change a few settings to what you have setup at present.
 
Sony TV & HDMI CEC enabled here, works fine using both TV & Sony remote. VU occasionally sends wrong shutdown/open menu screen to TV though.
Always going to be an issue between box & TV used...
 
Have you fully paired the remote with your make of TV by putting the TV code into your vu+ remote?
Does your vu+ remote control the TV volume, not the vu+ receivers volume (big difference)?
Yes, the VU remote is fully paired with TV and controls TV volume and A/V button on VU remote switches between inputs on my TV.

I would change a few settings to what you have setup at present.
What would you change? Could you post a screenshot of your hdmi-cec setup?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top