Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

help please with formatting toshiba 2 terabyte external hard drive from NTI To Fat32

  • Thread starter Thread starter tinbin300
  • Start date Start date
T

tinbin300

Guest
What is the best program or the best way ,to format the T2 drive from NTI to Fat32 please.Is there a program I should use to do it with ,because I have tried doing what you would do to do it.

I am running Windows 7 Professional, 32:(-bit, with SP1 and all updates.

1. I have tried plugging the expansion drive into the USB port when the computer is on.

2. Tried booting up with the drive already plugged in.

3. Tried detecting it in Device manager.
 
Does.... device manager/computer management/storage/disk managment/ then highlight your external drive and format it ??
 
Why would you want to put a fat32 file-system on a 2TB drive? It was never designed for large disk drives.
 
Unless you have a very specific reason for wanting a FAT32 file system you should be using NTFS. FAT32 is restricted on file sizes so is rubbish for HD video files and 2TB disk is the very uppermost you can support on FAT32.
But you may have a specific reason for FAT32 (sharing with another system which only supports FAT32?).

Google is your friend - the first result of a search "format a 2tb drive with fat32" gives instructions on how to use a command line format in Windows 7.
 
Thank you for your reply s ,I am wanting to put a lot of movies and TV programs ,for my son who is living in Dubai .
 
FAT32 is not suitable for large video files - 4GB limit, else you have to split them. I don't know what Dubai has to do with the file system? Windows XP supports NTFS. linux will read NTFS without issues. What operating system is your son using?
 
I am using widows 7 ,and my son has vista on his laptop .
 
Thank you very much for advice ,I can now start filling it up now .
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top