Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Help recording to NAS drive

Garfieldhi

New member
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help me with this, its probably something really simple I am missing but it has me stumped! I am looking to record to my NAS as it has more space and I keep filling up my internal storage, if I go menu, setup, system, network, mount setup my NAS is there and mounted. I can play films stored on the NAS by pressing the recording list (on the remote) and yellow button to change the location and the drive shows up, but if I go to menu, setup, VIX, mount manager it does not show up.

Any help would be very much appreciated, details about my box are below.

Many thanks Tim

Box
Brand: Vu+
Model: Uno
Chipset: 7405(with 3D)
Frontprocessor Version: 0
Total Memory: 275344 kB
Free Memory: 181964 kB
Box Uptime: 1d 0:18
Software
System OE: OE-Alliance 2.1
Distro: openvix
Firmware version: Helios.010
Driver date: 20140318
Kernel version: 3.1.1
Gui version: 2014-04-25
Tuners
Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
Hard disk model: ATA(ST500DM002-1BD14)
Capacity: 500.107 GB
Free: 434.684 GB
 
You need to setup you mount as HDD

Post up your automounts config file and we'll have a look
 
Is this what you need, if not can you let me know where it sits so I can find it.

Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<mountmanager>
<autofs>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.0.61</ip>
<sharename>storeFREENAS</sharename>
<sharedir>store</sharedir>
<options>rw,utf8</options>
<username>root</username>
<password>plughole</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</autofs>
<autofs>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>True</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.**.**</ip>
<sharename>FreeNAS</sharename>
<sharedir>/media/hdd/</sharedir>
<options>rw,utf8</options>
<username>Tim</username>
<password>removed</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</autofs>
</mountmanager>
 
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>

Change that to True ;) reboot and try again :D
 
No I still only have the internal drive in the Vix mount manager??
 
Yes I noticed I created it twice, they are both the same, I have changed to NFS and restarted but still the same?
 
Is your HDD mounted in mount manager as /media/hdd? if so try changing it to something else (like hdd2) reboot and try again.

Automounts should then use your NAS for recoring
 
I have two boxes here that I record to my NAS with, but they both nave no INT HDD.
500GB is plenty, why not just transfer some of it to your NAS if full? seems pointless to have an INT HDD but then want to write to NAS :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top