Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Cant seem to mount duo's Hdd on my solo

Slammed Mind

New member
Joined
Jan 12, 2013
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys

I'm having a strange problem mounting my duos HDD drive on my solo.

Here is my setup

Room 1: Duo (with 500GB HDD)
Room 2: TM Single (No HDD)
Room 3: Solo (no HDD)

All boxes are running the latest build of VIX

Basically I want to make the content on the Duo's HDD visible to the TM Single and Solo

I Have entered the following settings on the TM Single:

Mount using: FSTAB (mount at boot)
Active: enable
Local Share Name: HarddiskVUDUO
Mount Type: CIFS Share
Server IP: 192.168.0.XX
Server share: Harddisk
Use as HDD replacement: yes
Mount Options: rw,utf8
Username: root
Password: (Blank)

These settings work perfectly on my TM single and I can view the duo's content on the TM single

The problem is that when I enter the exact same settings on the solo, the mount appears to be successful in mount viewer but i still cant view any of the duos content on the solo

When I go into recording settings on the solo and try to change the path of the recordings to the duos HDD path, either it wont let me collapse the directory or it says the directory is not writable.

I have done this 100 times over the last few years without a problem and had it working perfectly on an older version of vix but when I done the latest reflash it doesn't seem to work.

I have also tried it via the network browser method but that's not working either

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers
 
***Old Post***
 
Last edited:
you have to give the root user a password.

use the following command when accessing the boxes commandline via ssh or telnet

HTML:
passwd root
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top