Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] Help with Cable Set up

davy28

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2013
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi everyone,

Can I get some help setting up Cable please. Bought a Cable tuner for my Vu+Uno, but I have hit a brick wall. It's alot more difficult than Sat. Apparently I need something called an mg_cfg file, but I don't have damn clue where to source said file as you need this for an Enigma2 Receiver. I would be so grateful if you can direct me in the correct path.


Cheers

D
 
There is no difference to how you setup Mgcamd if using a cable tuner.

There are some configs on the forum. I'll post link later if you don't find them.
 
Hi everyone,

Can I get some help setting up Cable please. Bought a Cable tuner for my Vu+Uno, but I have hit a brick wall. It's alot more difficult than Sat. Apparently I need something called an mg_cfg file, but I don't have damn clue where to source said file as you need this for an Enigma2 Receiver. I would be so grateful if you can direct me in the correct path.


Cheers

D
you need that file and also a newcam.list and ftp over Both go into keys when you have mg cam set up
 
Someone said I would need this for a Cable set up to work on a E2 Receiver running Vix:-
M: { 01 }
C: { 01 }
A: { 03 }
U: { 01 } 0x12c0
T: { 00 }
G: { 01 }
N: { 07 } 5 30
K: { 07 }
Q: { 120 }
P: { 00 }
M: { 01 }
C: { 01 }
A: { 03 }
U: { 01 } 0x12c0
T: { 00 }
G: { 01 }
N: { 07 } 5 30
K: { 07 }
Q: { 120 }
P: { 00 }
O: { 00 } root password
S: { 00 } 80
L: { 02 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
E: { 15 }
H: { 07 }
R: { 04 }
D: { 00 }
B: { 06 }
F: { 00 }
E: { 15 }
H: { 07 }
R: { 04 }
D: { 00 }
B: { 06 }
F: { 00 }

file to be put into var/keys but I have my doubts as it doesn't appear to be a working mg_cfg file for me.

Not sure if:-
O: { 00 } root password
S: { 00 } 80
L: { 02 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
need to be edited to suit your own set up...
 
Definitely set L as 0 (disable logging) or you will kill your network connection.
 
Definitely set L as 0 (disable logging) or you will kill your network connection.

Hi ronand network seems fine bud..its working no probs. My main concern is the mg_cfg line you se hear that I copied has a private ip and 5 digit code at L. Looking for clarification as what to do next really....
 
Here is a working mg_cfg from my setup
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a working mg_cfg from my setup
Thanks bassethound that done the job....all good in the hood. File in post #4 didn't work for me I'm using Vu+Uno on Vix Apollo 023.

Many Thanks to one and all!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top