Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] help with vix hades v12

  • Thread starter Thread starter grantsmith82
  • Start date Start date
G

grantsmith82

Guest
HI all
I just recently reflashed from vix 3.0 to hades v12

couple of differences I noticed which I need help /advise on

1) in recording setting, it no longer asked for allocated HDD space to assign for recordings... does this now allocate 100% free HDD space?
2) can I change the spash screen on startup via the menus?
3) the HDMI CEC has stopped working on my TV so when I turn off the vu+duo the TV still remains on.
4) if I pres ch +/- then ok. it brings up the 2nd info bar (giving tv programme synopsys however it also tells me the freq of the channel im watching can I remove this? - I did find the option to
remove the sealion info being displayed)

Thanks
Grant
 
Look in this forum section here

General Linux Satellite
Linux Receiver Bootlogo's
New boot screen ideas

Download one and unzip
Copy to etc/enigma2 folder and reboot
Must admit do not like the hades logo
 
thanks for that..
just installed hades v12 on my vu duo2 also... and again.. the hdmi cec is not working... was ok on vix 3.0
 
Also use the duo2
Do not use CEC
Best of luck sure someone will help you out.
 
Stephen do you mean you don't use it or that you couldn't get it to work either?
 
1) in recording setting, it no longer asked for allocated HDD space to assign for recordings... does this now allocate 100% free HDD space?
Yes, all free space. Never noticed/known for it to be different. What else are you planning to use the HDD in receiver for?
2) can I change the spash screen on startup via the menus?
You can also install from the plugin menu. There is a section for bootlogos. There is a section on forum for bootlogos. Follow previous advice on how to transfer.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?168-Linux-Receiver-Bootlogo-s

3) the HDMI CEC has stopped working on my TV so when I turn off the vu+duo the TV still remains on.
This may be driver related. Double check with another image uisng the same drivers and kernel. Try OpenPLI
4) if I pres ch +/- then ok. it brings up the 2nd info bar (giving tv programme synopsys however it also tells me the freq of the channel im watching can I remove this? - I did find the option to
remove the sealion info being displayed)
This is skin dependent. I don't think you can change it from GUI.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top