Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] HOSTNAME not being sent by dhcp client to router.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rimmel
  • Start date Start date
R

Rimmel

Guest
The router entry shows the IP address and a * for the name. I have a Ubuntu server that send its hostname fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks
CT

*** Edit: Found a fix:
I added the line "hostname <myhostname>" to the /etc/network/interfaces file.
I changed it from:
Code:
# Wired or Wireless Interfaces
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth1 inet dhcp

with

Code:
# Wired or Wireless Interfaces
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth1 inet dhcp
hostname ET9000DOWN

ET9000DOWN is the hostname I have chosen to use.

Now ET9000DOWN appears in the routers dhcp list properly.

CT
 
Last edited by a moderator:
it is possible its yr router

i have found some routers dont pick up and some do
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top