Here's what I want to do.
Transfer all my recordings from my VU + to a shared folder on my NAS then be able to use the VU to browse to that NAS folder and play the files with the VU media player.
All my network devices, Laptop, PS3, Smart TV can see my NAS files but the VU can't, the NAS, laptop and TV can all see the VU as a media device and I can access the /media/HDD files as they are setup with uShare, I can also access them using the webinterface and access all files on the VU with filezilla.
Here is what I have tried on the VU so far.
Go into network browser, scan and I see my VU, laptop and NAS IP addresses
Press OK on the VU and it expands to show me the CIFS/NFS shares
Press OK on the laptop IP address and nothing happens
Press OK on the NAS IP address and nothing happens.
Go to mountpoints and add a new one as CIFS.
Mount using : FSTAB
Active: Enable
Local Share Name vu
Mount Type CIFS
Server IP IP of my server
Server Share Server1 (this is the name of my server) is this correct or does it need to be something else ??
use as HDD Replace No
Mount options rw
Username Administrator
Password ********* (my NAS admin password)
Save and then restart network, then browse network again and I still can't see the NAS shares they also dont show in media player.
any help would be appreciated
Transfer all my recordings from my VU + to a shared folder on my NAS then be able to use the VU to browse to that NAS folder and play the files with the VU media player.
All my network devices, Laptop, PS3, Smart TV can see my NAS files but the VU can't, the NAS, laptop and TV can all see the VU as a media device and I can access the /media/HDD files as they are setup with uShare, I can also access them using the webinterface and access all files on the VU with filezilla.
Here is what I have tried on the VU so far.
Go into network browser, scan and I see my VU, laptop and NAS IP addresses
Press OK on the VU and it expands to show me the CIFS/NFS shares
Press OK on the laptop IP address and nothing happens
Press OK on the NAS IP address and nothing happens.
Go to mountpoints and add a new one as CIFS.
Mount using : FSTAB
Active: Enable
Local Share Name vu
Mount Type CIFS
Server IP IP of my server
Server Share Server1 (this is the name of my server) is this correct or does it need to be something else ??
use as HDD Replace No
Mount options rw
Username Administrator
Password ********* (my NAS admin password)
Save and then restart network, then browse network again and I still can't see the NAS shares they also dont show in media player.
any help would be appreciated