Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How do I unmount a HDD so I can format it (Initialize)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tw4T
  • Start date Start date
T

Tw4T

Guest
Hi , I have two hard drives connected to my Duo, they are mounted as HDD and HDD2. I want to format HDD2 but when I go> Menu>Setup>System>Harddisk>Initialization>HDD2, I get an error saying , Initializing storage device: Error:mke2fs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010) /dev/sdb1 is mounted; will not make a filesystem here. How can I unmount the drive? Ive tried mount manager but that only lets me change the mount points. Is there an option to unmount or a telnet command I can use? MANY THANKS


edit: tried umount /dev/sda via telnet but get the same error as above :/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
edit 2 :just ran the
mkfs.ext3 -m 1 device (e.g. mkfs.ext3 -m 1 /dev/sda1 command. its doing its thing atm. ill let you know if it works :)
 
This command;
mkfs.ext3 -m 1 /dev/sdb1 Seemed to do the trick. Not sure if its the right way to go but my drive is blank now with just a lost-found folder. Hopefully Ill have no problems with it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top