Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] How extract image files?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rbaltutis
  • Start date Start date
R

rbaltutis

Guest
How extract kernel_cfe_auto.bin and root_cfe_auto.bin ?
WinRAR and UltraISO not recognize these BIN files.
Thanks
 
image file (zip) needs to be extracted to usb stick.The parts of the image cannot be extracted.
 
You should after unzipping end up with 4 or 5 files in a folder named after the receiver.... This is the flash image that the receiver will accept.
 
I want extract *.bin files.
Install image and copy files from receiver to PC and then install old image take long time.
If extract *.bin files faster find files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
P.S. I use old image and sometimes need update some functions.
For sample update EPG sources and etc (feeds not working with old images, new images don't support some functions).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
I want extract *.bin files.
Install image and copy files from receiver to PC and then install old image take long time.
If extract *.bin files faster find files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You cannot extract a bin file. As the extension says (.bin) it's a binary file, not a compressed file.
The only way to get data back from this file is to restore that image.
 
Hi,
when you want to change source etc then connect with FTP look for the configuration files, transfer them to PC, edit them and copy them back. You cannot take somethink out of a new image and put into yous and expect it to run.

ciao
 
Lets be clear about this:)
It takes about 5 mins to flash a new image and restore a correct settings backup .... On a bad day!
Then if you need other plugins, assuming these are not in the Vix image, takes about another 10 mins assuming you have the "other" plugins on your PC include rebooting the receiver.
What you are talking about doing can only lead to a high probability that you have an unstable image due to extraction from images built with components at different levels.
 
Which functions have you lost from old image? Better solution is to try and fix it in image or if plugin, for author to make it compatible with newer images.
 
Andy_Hazza ->

Unfortunately new images have problem with IPTV recording.

Peterj ->
How developers pack these bins? I need program name.

Trial ->
I just want see some files.
Some time ago changes EPG download address from linux-sat.tv changes to epg.in.ua and etc.
Now I manual updated these address, because feed no working on old images.
If I able extract *.BIN then I can faster find and check changes between old and new images.


twol

I want just copy from new images some files like rytec_linuxsat_exussr_xmltv.conf and etc.

abu baniaz ->

Common problem - IPTV recording.
VIX developers can't explain why Vix Apollo 023 and older perfect recording IPTV and from Apollo 024 IPTV recording not working properly.
I watch 60% IPTV and 40% SAT TV. And recording is very important for me.
Opened post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47689-IPTV-recording-problem
But still not received answer why new images recording IPTV if:
...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0....
But recording not working if:
...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0...
Apollo 023 and older images fine working/recording both
...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... (this service number allow just see program, record, but can't see EPS, set timers and etc.)
and
...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0... (this service number allow see channel EPG, set timers and etc).

If extract *.BIN files maybe I self found why IPTV recording not working properly with new images. So VIX developers can easy fix this problem, but I don't know why they not enable IPTV recording if ...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0... and similar (not ...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... )
 
Andy_Hazza ->

Unfortunately new images have problem with IPTV recording.

Peterj ->
How developers pack these bins? I need program name.

Trial ->
I just want see some files.
Some time ago changes EPG download address from linux-sat.tv changes to epg.in.ua and etc.
Now I manual updated these address, because feed no working on old images.
If I able extract *.BIN then I can faster find and check changes between old and new images.


twol

I want just copy from new images some files like rytec_linuxsat_exussr_xmltv.conf and etc.

abu baniaz ->

Common problem - IPTV recording.
VIX developers can't explain why Vix Apollo 023 and older perfect recording IPTV and from Apollo 024 IPTV recording not working properly.
I watch 60% IPTV and 40% SAT TV. And recording is very important for me.
Opened post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47689-IPTV-recording-problem
But still not received answer why new images recording IPTV if:
...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0....
But recording not working if:
...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0...
Apollo 023 and older images fine working/recording both
...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... (this service number allow just see program, record, but can't see EPS, set timers and etc.)
and
...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0... (this service number allow see channel EPG, set timers and etc).

If extract *.BIN files maybe I self found why IPTV recording not working properly with new images. So VIX developers can easy fix this problem, but I don't know why they not enable IPTV recording if ...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0... and similar (not ...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... )
"IF" you really want to go this route :) then run your own "Vix" build ... all you need is a Linux machine and then you can do whatever you want, as you can then see all the directories/files that are part of the build.
 
Also be aware that 'IPTV (recording)' isn't exactly an exact description.
Whay IPTV are you talking about? (Paid) services from your IPTV-provider?
 
There is no specific tool used to create the .bin files in the images. Images are created with a linux based OS with online tools and from multiple online sources such as github with a makefile. That said they can be extracted using a linux OS and the correct commands.

The main problem with your plan is that you cant just rip files from newer images and slot them into older ones, especially if they were built for newer linux kernel versions or they require specific dependencies. also as far as recording IPTV goes many users have already commented on the forum that this has been fixed in the newest images albeit unintentionally.
 
Last edited:
I just want extract Apollo 023 and Apollo 024/025 images and try find why from Apollo 024 IPTV recording not supported.
If find problem, then try find why new images recording IPTV when ...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... but not recording when ...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0...
 
I just want extract Apollo 023 and Apollo 024/025 images and try find why from Apollo 024 IPTV recording not supported.
If find problem, then try find why new images recording IPTV when ...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... but not recording when ...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0...

All changes are on the GIT server. Wouldn't it be easier to check there? :confused:
 
I dont know where you get that recording IPTV was not supported, there was not ever any kind of discussion on weather to support this or not.

no one to my knowledge knew why it was broken and I dont know how or why it was fixed.

There are no tools you can use to extract a enigma2 image on a windows system, you can however do it on a linux system with the rite set of commands. But its a moot point as IPTV is apparently now fixed in the newest 3.2 based images. so try on of them and see for your self if it does what you want or not.
 
Also be aware that 'IPTV (recording)' isn't exactly an exact description.
Whay IPTV are you talking about? (Paid) services from your IPTV-provider?

At this moment available a lot paid or free IPTV providers/plugins and etc.
Some use http some use rtmp protocols.
Simple http stream look like:
http://test.tv/live/program1
http://test.tv:1234/udp/one.tv:1234
and etc.
Too with VIX image we can download IPTV plugin (not remember exactly plugin name) which create bouquets with IPTV channels.
Vix image fine play these IPTV channels.
But when ...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... recording working fine
when ...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0... recording not working (With Apollo 023 and older images recording working fine).
Why Vix image fine play IPTV, but there problems with recording?
Why if address starts with ...#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0.... recording working
Why if address starting with ...#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0... recording not working.
...1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0... allow see channel EPG (Receiver self download EPG from satellite like I watch SAT TV). Every channel have own number.
 
Can you upload a set of bouquets we can try. Should include those that can be recorded as well as those that cannot
 
Larry-G Do you watch IPTV?
Your IPTV channels on bouquets?
If on bouquets address starting with "#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0" ?
Please change "#SERVICE 4097:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0" to "#SERVICE 1:0:1:18c4:e:55:300000:0:0:0" and try record this program.
Then please answer why with first address recording working and with second address recording not working properly even IPTV channel same, just few digits different in front.
Later I post bouquet sample.
P.S. I already tested latest image, but returned to Apollo 023.
Found a lot of bugs on new image. HD skins working incorrect ( too small font and etc.) Some other minor problems.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top