Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-3T COMBO] How to back up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter intrigue
  • Start date Start date
I

intrigue

Guest
Could anyone tell me - I want to back up my image and settings - can I do this to a USB? If so, can I then copy from the usb to my desktop? I only have 1 x usb and need to flash another image to trial something which has been troubling me. Then I would like to re-flash my back up so I get my current setup back.

Is that doable?
 
On the Vix image.
yes, yes, and yes

Blue button > Vix > Image manager
You decide where the image is backed up to in image manager. While in image Manager, press "Menu" to change backup location. If you only have the USB flash drive connected, it will be mounted as hdd.

Not sure about the 4D image. BUt if they have backup feature prinicple is the same.
 
Blue button > Vix > Image manager
You decide where the image is backed up to in image manager. While in image Manager, press "Menu" to change backup location. If you only have the USB flash drive connected, it will be mounted as hdd.
I was wondering..
When a new image is installed by flashing, it asks for restoring backups, if it finds some backup files from the default location on the hard disk.
But if you have changed the backup location to a USB drive, does the flash procedure look for backups in the USB drive, or do you have to first change the backup location setting before you can restore the backups for other settings?
 
I was wondering..
When a new image is installed by flashing, it asks for restoring backups, if it finds some backup files from the default location on the hard disk.
But if you have changed the backup location to a USB drive, does the flash procedure look for backups in the USB drive, or do you have to first change the backup location setting before you can restore the backups for other settings?

From memory it will look to all storage devices for the backup folder and present you with all backups it finds.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
 
Agghh, have a backup saved on usb, but when I put the USB in to my laptop it wants to format it because it's an unrecognised file system!
 
Plug it back into the receiver and FTP the backup to the PC if possible, then format the USB stick and go from there.
 
Agghh, have a backup saved on usb, but when I put the USB in to my laptop it wants to format it because it's an unrecognised file system!

What OS is on your laptop?
If windows, try something like Ext2Fsd
Code:
http://www.ext2fsd.com/
A few others available too, just google them.

Or do as pheonix says & use FTP.
 
After you flashed your receiver with your USB stick. Did you initialise/format it in the receiver? Are you sure you are not mixing up filesytem check with format?
 
After you flashed your receiver with your USB stick. Did you initialise/format it in the receiver? Are you sure you are not mixing up filesytem check with format?

Flashed with usb stick. Then wiped usb and mounted it in box. Saved settings and images backups to usb. When removing usb and putting it in to the windows lappy it comes up wanting to format it.


If I copy the backup files off via FTP, can I put them back via FTP after flashing?
 
Yes you can send tehm back.

How are you wiping flash drive in receiver?

It should mount automatically. Can you post screenshot of your mounts page?
 
Wiped USB on the laptop then put in box, initialised and mounted. Tbh I didn't know what I was doing haha
 
Initilising is linux language for format. It will format it in ext file sytem. This is why your windows laptop is asking you to format it when you connect it.

If you want to use your USB stick on both windows and linux, keep it in fat32. There is no need to initialise it. It should mount automatically.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top