Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How to combine a fixed and a motorised dish to one coax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob van der Does

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
36,522
Reaction score
125
Points
63
Age
74
Location
The Netherlands
Combining a (multiple LNB) fixed dish and a motorised dish is quite easy and gives you the best of two worlds: fast zapping to the most watched channels and still all other satellites at hand.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I am attaching two pictures to add to the thread.
 

Attachments

  • Single tuner  motor and switch.webp
    Single tuner motor and switch.webp
    24 KB · Views: 301
  • Twin tuner motor and switch.webp
    Twin tuner motor and switch.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 275
A couple more questions...

Is there any loss in using the "all satellites" setting as opposed to setting up all the satellites individually? The all satellites option does not have the diseq 1.2 option but still works.
What is fast DiSEqC? Should this option be set to "yes". Currently set to default of "no" and working.

(I have a few screen grabs of settings which I wish to add.)
 
'All satellites' can't be used in this case as you still have several satellites you want to see via the fixed dish. If you don't want that you're not combining a fixed and a motorized dish (as this how-to is about).
 
Another picture. I used LNB 1 for the motorised LNB as this results in fewer button presses although it can be any.

On my receivers I don't get AC, AD for ports 3 and 4, they are BA and BB. I'd be interested to know why.
 

Attachments

  • Combining Motor and Switch.webp
    Combining Motor and Switch.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top