Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] How to edit hostname from backup tar.gz to different STB

diceman01

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
74
Reaction score
3
Points
8
Age
47
Location
Australia
Hi everyone probably a simple question but I want to know how can I change a hostname from a tar.gz backup before I restore it to another STB. I know I can do it in network mount settings but I would like to unpack and repack it with the changes before I restore to different boxes.
 
I just delete hostname and fstab from the backup before restoring to a different box on my home network.
 
I use 7-zip with windows. Just open with 7-zip and navigate to /etc/ and close after deleting the files.
It will ask you if you want to save it when you exit.
 
@Willo3092 , I just used settings from gigablue quad uhd 4k to setup a gigablue quad uhd 4k Pro but this was on opentv and I made the mistake of not editing the hostname I did not know you could just delete it and I had nothing but bother but the was trying to get both recievers to connect to my PC or internet tried deleting details from my mesh system etc so I don't know if IP address and MAC was also carried over.

I eventually managed but I cannot seem to get both machines to show automatically on windows 10 network I have no trouble with either gigablue and zgemmah9combo but not the two gigablues connected.:confused:
 
I don't think I've ever been able to connect reliably using Windows network.
Many different PC's are the same. I can only connect to the Zgemma in the network screen. I can connect fine using \\ip address in file explorer.
I gave up on Windows networking and added right-click context menu shortcuts to all my receivers.

net1.webp

net1a.webp

net2.webp
 
Yes I asked because I do remember you showed me image before of your context menu, Ihave use the ip address before I prefer to use hostnames

i,e,

\\GBQUAD4KPRO
\\GBQUAD4K
\\ZGEMMAH9COMBO

but yes shortcuts do seem to work I add mines to quick menu

thanks anyway :)

Capture.webp
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top